13 Archetypes: Dreamer

Comments

• Where is hint???

• RiktigFeilRiktigFeil ✭✭
    edited December 2019

I have checked and double checked, my last numbers before (stop) are 212123, and they translate to the less than sign in 128b and the number 30 in 128c - and it makes no sense and I cant find the correct ##xx at the end. Anyone else got the less than sign? And if so, want to give some hint as to how this helped you? I can't fit this in with the hint that I am supposed to think like I'm trying to sneak my number into an app that blocks numbers. I've spent hours counting ones, twos, threes and fours, translating, finding the (some say) obscure word all by my self, and I don't want to have to go out and find the complete passphrase I want to solve my self for satisfaction but need some guidance.

Also, someone said that the letters that would be converted (apparently in a sneaky way) are not done so in a typical code-way but in a NIA way. I searched community.ingress for the frases and there is in total absolutely nothing at all ever in the history of ever that ever mentions how you interpret the letters to numbers, not in any way and not in a NIA way - outside of that comment. Anyone want to elaborate on how they kind of see numbers from those letters? I'm stuck on the third # and can't brute force because of burnout. I have read all 14 pages up to here. Lot's of really nice hinting there, that made sense when I had worked out the string. But now there is this burning question about the less than sign, someone else also got the sign but the comment was "then you are wrong" but I have counted several times, the numbers are really 212123. The only distant possible alternatives would be x, y or a parenthesis - not that it would help at all with getting the third #.

It's been days since the leaderboards were filled up, nobody has anything to loose by being inclusive with hints and pointers for those that have worked out the string at this point. 😉

Post edited by RiktigFeil on
  • So frustrated, I think I got the keyword ages ago (dream-related word begins with o), and the string of letters (same as spotted elsewhere in thread), but can't for the life of me understand how to fit the rest in to the xxx##xx##xx format. There has been so much talk here about the word, that was easy to spot, but no veiled hints how to stuff the rest in to the format. TL:DR got keyword, frustrated with xxx#xx##xx

• hey, is anyone able to help with changing the letters into numbers? i know it was stated earlier that the code format is aaa##aakeyword##aa and i cracked the bar code and got all the required letters i just cant figure out how to convert the letters to numbers. and is the code going to be 23 characters long or is it shorter?

• Took a week with just the hints (only just saw the walkthrough when came to post) but finally got it. With all the effort, I'm not sure I'm looking forward to the next one now lol.

• entronentron ✭✭✭

Well done.

At least you got rewarded for your effort though.

Many of those that did it fairly early, myself included, aren't even on the scoreboard due to a Biantic bug that was later corrected but where Niantic couldn't be bothered to add us manually.

• He did get the media but he's not on the leaderboard during to the bug with submitting in Intel Map.

• Hey! You got it? I've struggled for quite some time before noticing my mistake. Had quite a laugh at myself for missing the obvious afterwards. I might be able to help you out. I've automated almost every step with matlab as well. This might make it easy to solve similar problems in the future.

If there are some people using the same tool as me i'd be interested in a snippet of code that compares different types of barcodes and translates them automatically. Was too lazy for that but found a rather potent android app to do so.

We might as well add the github database which includes past keywords to find them automatically.

• Well thank you for the couple of nudges, and guidance to checksums (yes less than sign 212123 sum is 11, every sum is 11). Next numbers mean (stop) and have sum 13. Some letters do not convert to l33t speak numbers and would leave lots of leftover XXXs. And...you know.....that hint is just plain wrong.... The numbers are of course as they sound. I got the media now, with no help from the hints, just plain brute forced the last xx options now that I could try again. I can say that the less than sign IS in the string, AND has nothing to do with the solution. Maybe it it is digital wool fluffing out the pattern?

• BlightfangBlightfang ✭✭
    edited December 2019

well I can’t figure it out.

Everything I found online about decoding Ingress codes, or decoding images, involves me needing a computer other then my phone.

and if that’s the case I won’t be able to do any of these.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

You misunderstand. The last numeric code in a barcode just before the stop code is a checksum byte. It's not part of the actual barcode. And in this barcode it is 30.

• Will Wish I could see how to solve this in an YouTube video. :-)

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

For those still wanting to work it out, I have step-by-step instructions I can give you.

In the meantime, here's a summary that might help:

IMPORTANT TO KNOW/LEARN:

- Identify Barcodes

- Barcode structure

- How to decode a barcode

- Ingress passcode format

SUMMARY OF STEPS:

- Extract bedsheet into appropriate barcode format (make sure you recognise the START, CHECKSUM, STOP and TERMINATION values to make sure you get it in the correct format)

- Decode barcode (I did it through binary, as scanning it never worked and visually identifying it was too difficult/confusing)

- Check the barcode checksum to verify you have the correct values

- Extract the keyword from the decoded barcode

- Recognise the generic Ingress passcode format

- Transpose the decoded code with the format and the keyword to get the code

• tkh7tkh7 ✭✭✭

If you read some of the earlier posts, somebody mentions getting the Less Than character, and others have hinted/confirmed that it was correct.

The Less Than character has nothing to do with the final # in the passcode.

It seems from your questions that you have not yet learned enough about barcodes and their properties. I suggest you do further research.

If you cannot "find" the numbers, you might be looking/thinking too hard. Can you figure out what numbers these are: WON TOO THR ... NIA does this in a similar way. @RiktigFeil

• tkh7tkh7 ✭✭✭

As stated earlier, the passcode is NOT 23 characters. It is, indeed, shorter than 23 characters. @Sparrow7512

• tkh7tkh7 ✭✭✭

Have you rechecked the scoreboard? I posted mine before they fixed the problem, and eventually I appeared on the scoreboard...

• tkh7tkh7 ✭✭✭

From this comment, I feel that you still do not properly understand barcodes and their properties. Every barcode has a checksum. A checksum is very important as it checks the validity of a barcode. And the checksum is different for each barcode. Therefore, getting the correct checksum means that the rest of your code was correct. Therefore, the checksum allows you to know if your solution was correct (and if it is not, to start over again). If your decryption was indeed correct, then you can move onto solving the passcode. It might not be in the passcode itself, but it definitely does not have "nothing to do with the solution".

• tkh7tkh7 ✭✭✭

@Blightfang many users have used only their phones and it is possible to solve it with only this.

• entronentron ✭✭✭

You don't need to use a computer.

I did, but it is completely possible to do this one by "hand" and I know people who did so.

But yes I find a computer, python and a few useful libraries make things easier

• @NianticOfficial Are there any deadlines for these weekly decoding challenges to get media and to be listed in the rankings?

• I believe you on the checksum - but no such info was necessary to alter anything in the string, I just had to translate, disregard the less than sign, and write straight in. It worked, seems like extra steps to involve a checksum?

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

The checksum isn't necessary to decode it, however the structure of barcodes gives you the ability to verify that what you have is correct, which can give you the confidence in successfully decoding it from there.

• TheHiveMindTheHiveMind ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

@NianticOfficial Hate to pummel this poor hapless challenge a bit more, but Agent DarkSideDragon has managed to clock in 2 entries:

55. 2019-12-10 03:17:54: DarkSideDragon

5515. 2019-12-23 16:23:19: DarkSideDragon

Thus effectively leading the Dreamer-inclusive scoreboard with 4 solves. Congratulations. 😁

(And yes, that is the only duplicate so far.)

• No, hold on, it's affecting Interpreter as well:

290. 2019-12-17 00:50:14: DarkSideDragon

2558. 2019-12-23 16:23:37: DarkSideDragon

• Como faz pra resolver isso sou novo nesse tipo de quebra cabeça

• Got it!