Brian's Blog: Dec 2019

Comments

• aaronviannoaaronvianno ✭✭✭✭

Given the pattern of the Osiris Sequence, will the Nemesis Sequence also have an overall faction winner medal?

If so, how does Niantic plan on a fair distribution since so many places will have not had an anomaly during the Nemesis Sequence?

• Yay! Thank you Brian.

Thanks for championing Ingress and for the transparency. I know for myself and so many others, this game and community means a lot. I've met some of my best friends because of it. I always tell people I found my tribe. 😊

I definitely looking forward to what you and the team have planned for a sustainable future! 💙

• vidiconvidicon ✭✭✭✭✭

Regarding "Monday night football" coverage, while I'd love to see Niantic step in and help with this or run it themselves, Umbra did have an agent-run live show with in-studio commentary live from agents @Redfox1701 and @stoopedFoxinSox and on-the-ground reporting from myself. We had live score updates and maps, recorded and live interviews with agents in the field, and lots of discussion. You can watch the recording here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SHYs32R87Gs

This was no trivial task to set up, but we'd love to keep doing it bigger and better.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

But Enlightened has ready won the first two battles in the sequence

Any thoughts on pairing up GoRuck events with the mini events, like Operation Clear Field?

• Thank you for sharing the "behind the scenes" planning the new type of events.

A festival-style anomaly does sound fun. Be sure to have lots of lazzers and good DJs to spin good vibes!

Godspeed!

• @NianticBrian can we please not have any more, except for mission days and first saturdays, xfac events for a very very long time.

All neutral portals in the world turn teal and have been infected by the Jarvisada Nemesis Techthulu. Agents must race to neutralize 70% by capturing them for one faction or the other. Failure me result in random faction changes for agents and Jarvis and ADA refractors permanently merging.

• /facepalm

No idea why I thought it was tied up, thanks! That would be even dumber, then. At least in Osiris it came down to the last city.

• That's Great!!😁

Thanks, @NianticBrian for explaining about everything!! Cause we are the "South Florida Resistance", like Kendall, Miami, Orlando and the other locations!!

Everyone knows that! Got it?👌

• Agreed @MysticalGnu - I am hyper competitive and participate in all the challenges but I will not be doing so at the expense of my family Christmas time.

• MaktoMakto ✭✭✭

@NianticBrian Been here since the beginning, old beta invite. Keep up the great work with a great game. I look forward to any events close to home where I can play ingress, have some laughs and make friends. Looking forward to 2020 and new agents discoving the fun!

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

This sounds like the bubble the researchers in the lore are in. Maybe the story has been depicting the reality of Niantic (as NIA)?

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I think an important part to bring up is the launch of Prime had such a focus on a new "onboarding" process.

I feel like engagement for new players (and old) is jarring. We know we want more anomalies but we also need engagement for new players. We know the announcement a few weeks ago about "nano packs" were for this but the "onboarding" still seems very minimal - like more is missing.

• There are 2 weekends left this month. They are usually a hectic time where availability needs to be coordinated with other family members. When do you expect to reveal this?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

Question is, is it such a, good idea having a global event now with xmas ans holidays around the corner? Not sure but i know many players will have it hard ditch their family and friends just to go out play and help the global challenge whatever it will require us to do....

Better imo would be do the global event first or second week of Jan 2020.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

We already ditch the whole year, why not the last week too?

• That's great but a bit more heads up would be great. We've gone from a years notice ahead of time on events to 3-0 months advanced notice. It lets us plan around other events. I actually liked it when we had the whole year's worth of Anomalies listed.

• TMoneyistheOneTMoneyistheOne ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

@NianticBrian It seems that Niantic has been going backwards for some time now. Perhaps, it's because you don't understand that we like competition and that's what we are asking for. You are taking the Teamwork out of the faction by going to individual competitions, which are led by a big corporation with little understanding of what grassroots means, yet they seem to use the definition often. You don't seem to realize that POGO players are switching to Ingress, because they are looking for something different. That difference is that we create teamwork, within our communities, which we use to recruit for our larger agendas of winning anomalies.

Neutral events like xfact Shards and hexathalon are not in the spirit of the game. It will become a boring game with no competitors. I think that it's a serious mistake to not have more anomalies scheduled. You are building apathy in the community. Many of my friends are grumbling, because they can't afford to attend an anomaly in Europe. Anomalies should happen more frequently and in more locations.

The combination of a poorly executed switch to Prime and neutralizing competition will bring Ingress to a much quicker ending.

Post edited by TMoneyistheOne on