2020 Event Schedule (Jan - May)

Agents,

We have seen your requests for information about Ingress events in 2020. As we work to finalize the exact locations, we wanted to announce the event schedule for the first half of next year. Here is what you can look forward to:

Perpetua Hexathlon: February 29th (15 global cities)

Lexicon Hexathlon: April 25th (15 global cities)

Requiem Anomaly: May 9th Munich, Germany

We also recognize that many of you have questions about Mission Days for 2020. We are working to redesign the process at the moment to make it easier and more scalable. We recently tested out awarding Mission Day medals to Agents who completed at least six Mission Day missions during the specific event window without needing players to manage the process and verify Agent participation. The test was a success without any problems. While we are not yet at the point of opening 2020 Mission Day applications. We hope to do so in the near future. 

We are also planning a few in-game events as well. 

More information about all of these events will be coming in the following weeks and months ahead. We plan to release the February Perpetua Hexathlon cities next week. All of these events will have free onsite and offsite participation tickets with medals awarded for ticketed participants. Stay tuned for more!

Comments

• caytcayt ✭✭✭

Thank you for releasing the dates, so people can at least request days off. Look forward to seeing the list of cities!

• I am throwing a stupid guess. Six competitions in parallel (similar to the model implemented for Field test) but it's just a stupid guess

• aaronviannoaaronvianno ✭✭✭✭

Just 1 anomaly site?

• Last year's Field Tests were Hexathlons. 6 events independently scored, top-tier badge awarded to the highest scoring 10% of each event (e.g. most hacks, distance walked, etc). These events ran completely autonomously (i.e. player-run) with no contact between Niantic and player PoCs.

• GorillaSapiensGorillaSapiens ✭✭✭✭✭

and none of them on the "live events" page... =(

• hexathlon - six challenges...

I wonder why only Europe... Not that I complain being Europe based... but we'll see what's coming up in June to December...

• We need a longer lead time for city events so we can plan time off work, travel and accommodation.

two months isn’t enough.

Mitsubishi not difficult to plan these things with more lead time

• So, the first round of cities will have only two months to organize an anomaly? What about flights booking ? Strategy? Clusters? This is going to be insane!

• Well here's my chance to give the wallet a break for a bit..lol

I am going to try for Germany as I wanted to go to Europe next year anyway. Its on my bucket list. If it doesn't happen hopefully the second half of the year will have some awesome locations.

Hint hint : Ireland or Scottland 😁

• "Requiem" sounds... Threatening.

• quirischaquirischa ✭✭✭✭

All of these events will have free onsite and offsite participation tickets with medals awarded for ticketed participants

That means Hexathlon, Anomaly, in-game events, or all of them?

• The only anomaly is in May. That's a bit more than two months advance notice 😉