Entered passcode, got media, but not on list.

2»

Comments

• Looks like something is happening, check out the updated Leaderboard

Guess we have to wait for an official statement now.

• InDaHausSBUInDaHausSBU ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

5 min ago I was the 598, 599 now. They are looking for everyone and updating the list :)

• Thanks @NianticCasey and the team for taking our concerns serious and coming up with a solution I can live with. I'm looking forward to 12 more challenges with no more recording problems.

• falcobirdfalcobird ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

Can't Niantic just look at the logs for the codes and brute force populate the leaderboard? There's only ~3000 people worldwide who solved it, let's say that half did it through the intel map and got left out. That should be a couple of hours for an intern to manually make changes to the leaderboard.

I didn't solve it so I'm just trying to help, but some people put significant sweat into solving the first challenge. Making two leaderboards tracking the same stat, with one only slightly different (12 challenges vs 13) is just a bonkers way of solving what seems like a really simple problem.

• entronentron ✭✭✭

They have *not* taken our concerne seriously.

Their 'solution', by itself, is insifficient.

Its not a question of place on the leaderboard but *of not being on it at all*

The problem is 100% Niantic's fault.

And acceptable solutions exist like the one I proposed.

Mistakes and errors happen yes.

But they should be corrected as far as possible.

That has *not* been done

• RTLQuietuSRTLQuietuS ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

Just tell people you will happily list them manually if affected, via support ticket, using the ACQUISITION TIME of the media, that we know you log, because you let us sort by acquisition time on redacted!

People who are techy, and saw the JSON files sent over the network on the old client, have told me that the exact moment you get the media is recorded on the item, as long as you don't drop, recycle, or capsule it.

So rather then talking to your product team, talk to your developers.

There's been 1 disgruntled troll in the one of the discords, sending the solved code to thousands of people because they didn't get listed for dreamer, resulting in an extra 3.5k solves by people who didn't know what the code did.

• If you don't know organize challenge, don't organize ! And be fair with everybody.

• InwieInwie ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Vraiment pas cool ça, moi ça m'a prit du temps mais fini par arriver...

Post edited by Inwie on
  • I jumped in at the Skeptic challenge this afternoon (after not playing Ingress in any form for a loooong time) and I just noticed I'm not on the Skeptic board. I solved and have the media (I entered passcode via app). I thought this problem was fixed? Or will I not show up on the Skeptic board because I haven't done all of the Challenges? Or because I couldn't get the entry via Intel page to work?

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

You do appear to be on the Skeptic board. Note that the board is not updated in real time so you may have had to wait for some hours to see your name there (the last update time is shown at the top).

• @starwort Thanks. I thought they were more or less in real time (give or take an hour or two), but now I'll know to chill for future challenges.