imei ban

VSSXVSSX ✭✭✭

Banning the imei of a phone would solve the problem of the multi-accounts that use Kamikaze accounts to knock down strategic anchors, that is our case here in Ecuador, new accounts come out, level up quickly to use them as spoofs for a short time, that has to stop some Anyway, either by banning the phone imei from the associated account or making the game private with subscription, that you have to pay to login, that would be great. but do something since the spoofers are unleashed here

Comments

• IMEI can be spoofed just as easily as location.

Just saying...

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

Modern iOS and Android don't allow apps to read the IMEI.

• VSSXVSSX ✭✭✭

if that is exactly what I told my fellow agents, the most drastic measure to end the problem of spoofers and multi-accounts and stop over-saturating niantic servers and in turn that Niantic earns money, would be to pay for login, once at year or monthly, and only one account per customer, that would be great a little discriminating, but it would save a lot of headaches caused by bad agents

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

IMEI can be spoofed, or cheap mobiles used to use as throw away devices. And is a naive method for detecting cheats.

The cat and mouse of cheaters is never ending.

My solution, was for Niantic to build up a hidden map of SSID + RSSI values.

While this too can be faked/hacked, it could generally be too time consuming for cheats to circumvent it.

Niantic would also be need to be proactive, and have a register for players to state where they will be, and for how long, when they are using a BGAN for remote Ops