13 Archetypes Challenge

Truthseekers, some of you may have seen the NIA announcement about a 13 Archetypes Challenge. I’ve been authorized to tell you all the details. While probing the Tethered Hand’s private server, NIA Analysts managed to break through their firewalls for a few minutes. Before the Tethered Hand locked it back down, the NIA managed to get their hands on some encrypted data. The NIA’s own Analysts have been hitting a wall decrypting this data, so they’ve decided to crowdsource the effort to Ingress Agents all over the world.

We do not believe that the hexagonal media objects you stand to gain from this challenge are fully-fledged Tesserae on their own, but we suspect they may provide a unique opportunity for us to see a Tessera in-progress. They may prove to be Dormant Tesserae, like the Prime Artifacts acquired during the September Field Test.

The folder the NIA got access to was called “What Makes a Magnus.” We suspect that, in the end, decrypting this data will give us a deeper picture of Magnuses, the Archetypes, and possibly even how the Prime Artifacts tie into all of this.

As always, thank you for all of your efforts. With your help, we’ll be able to beat Nemesis yet!

- PAC

UPDATE

The challenges will be posted here: https://community.ingress.com/en/categories/decoding-challenges

The leader board for progress https://ingress.com/decoding/13archetypes

Please share any thoughts and questions of your findings here! Good luck decoding.

UPDATE

Congratulations on overcoming the 1st decode challenge. We've just received a notice that the Tethered Hand appears to have detected our infiltration and deployed counter measures. This has rendered passcode redemption via the intel map invisible to the NIA for the time being, but we are working to recover the information.

Post edited by Truthseeker on
Tagged:

Comments

• This should be interesting. I for one, want to compare the descriptions we came up with Essex with the more 'official' ones i've seen in the RPE events with these.

• @Truthseeker would you recommend keeping these dormant tesserae? Do they have the potential to become activated at some point?

• I hope the National Intelligence Agency hasn't angered the Tethered Hand with their snooping.

• I need a clarification - on the Ingress facebook page, the challenge announcement says "...Redeeming this passcode at intel.ingress.com..." do this mean that the passcode can't be redeemed inside the scanner or did someone just word that strangely?

page is here https://www.facebook.com/Ingress/photos/a.463739937007011/2641969762517340/?type=1&theater

• I am... intrigued by this, to say the very least.

• The scanner is still failing to show the passcode reward. Assuming people decode on the computer, having intel open in the background might just be a good tip to be fast

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

The iOS version of the scanner doesn't allow for entering in passcodes, so the intel map is the only option available to all agents.

• This is my first time trying to decode, any suggestions??

• Same. I need some Excedrin. Trying to solve this while designing a new banner has me sideways.

• I am going along the lines of the bed looking like a barcode, but cannot seem to see how it will hold enough characters to be a code

• I'm not on the list either, and two players who entered code after me is in... GOOD JOB! 🤣

• Anyone else stuck in the "redeeming passcode" phase? I can change a character and get an invalid passcode response. I can not however enter the passcode I like successfully. I tried on chrome and safari on OS X and on iOS.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

what happens when all challenges are over ?

• Thanks @Vorticity , great puzzle! And thanks to all the hints!

• @NianticBrian and Co.

While this has been a huge learning curve for people like me; it has been a lot of fun.

I have persisted to learn a slightly different way of thinking with decodes. Though maybe not that successful.

A suggestion: Opposite to First Saturday: Decode challenge open (yes, rotate through timezones, but still Saturday ... or regional codes??)

The concept here is more about *team work* to decode - allowing people to come together rather than the individual board we see now.

Yes - there will be groups of people that submit at the same time (as they decode), and potential for some to maybe submit a little earlier than their team-mates (that is a team issue to deal with ... trust). But ... this fosters social, technical and conversation to solve these (yes, things done with the normal decode,) ... but this is to drive a shared experience, rather than an individual reward, and people be gratuitious with others to help solve.

Maybe even a "team" based solving (move from individual ingress to a registered team reward ???? ... ohhh! (Maybe not an easy thing to do in the short-term - think anomaly team rewards vs individual)

• The Dreamer archetype media I picked up was really pretty; I wish I had found a Catalyst as that is my personal archetype.