How broken is Wayfarer becoming?

2»

Comments

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

@NianticCasey, @anyone who will listen. Sorry if I'm abusing tagging, I'm exhausted with trying to get actual quality information from the Twitter support.

I've had several nominations made that I have applied upgrades to. Specifically, two of my nominations were made 10 days ago, had an upgrade applied within a few days, and have yet to leave queue. In those post 10 days, I've received an upgrade almost every day. Most of those upgrades I have applied to nominations that were already in voting and have been in voting for several weeks/months. Only 2 have moved any, and they were ones I didn't care as much about, but had to use my upgrade somewhere.

This Twitter reply implies that only 1 upgrade actually counts? First, if that's true, what's the point of continuing to review once 1 upgrade is achieved, until that nomination is closed out? Second, that also doesn't make sense because I went over a week without anything approved or denied.

I'm asking for help, here, because I'm at exhausted doing reviews when my nominations are going nowhere.

I like to review and I want to continue helping the community, but never before has it taken more than a few days, once an upgrade was applied, for a nomination to be closed out.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Here's the claim. Am I to understand it's saying that only 1 upgrade actually counts at a time? If so, I should review until I achieve an upgrade and then stop until that nomination is closed...?

• Hey there, sorry to see that you're frustrated with the upgrade process @Gendgi. Upgrades won't automatically mean that your nomination is reviewed in 2 hours (or something similarly fast). Nominations still waiting in the queue even despite an upgrade being applied is expected if there is a backlog of candidates in that location/not enough reviewers to start voting.

As @Kliffington mentioned, the number of reviewers in your local area has a lot to do with the speed at which your upgraded nomination is reviewed.

Hope that helps!

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

I do understand that, @NianticCasey, but I'm struggling to understand that reply I received from the Twitter account, and I'm also struggling with accepting that nominations I made over 10 days ago that have had upgrades applied to them for over a week are STILL in queue. Meanwhile, a lesser important nomination to me I made nearby is already in voting.

It's been over a week that many of my nominations have been upgraded, and none of them (even the ones already in voting) have budged. Upgrades should NOT take weeks.

At this point, there is no reason for me to actively review any more.

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, as someone who has earned over 240 upgrades they are acting differently now within Wayfarer.

Pre-Wayferer I had roughly 210-220 Upgrades used and all but 1 took between 1-5 days to be resolved.

Post-Wayfarer the 20-30 upgrades used take 4-10 days being in queue then 1-3 days to be resolved while "In voting".

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Yea, @AgentB0ss - I'm at 95 upgrades, maybe 75ish from pre-PoGO Wayfarer access. Upgrades used to be closed out within hours or days. While I don't think it's unreasonable for an upgrade to take a few days (even a week), I just can't accept it taking as long as it is for the upgrades I've been using, lately. Like I said, over a week WITH an upgrade and still in queue does just not make sense.

I review A LOT and I don't think people in my area understand that reviewing is arguably more important than nominating. Unfortunately, reviewers end up carrying the weight of those who nominate but don't review.

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

Trust me I get it. Im over 35k reviewed now, its definitely different than before. I have a log of my first like 150 upgrades and their timing. Shortest was 3 hours longest was like 5 days (minus 1 broken 1 that took 2 months and support to fix)

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

My area doubled from 7 days to 10-14 plus days. There is more in voting now so it slows things down. I have about 270 upgrades I have earned lifetime. Right now I am sitting a playground and a pavilion that are upgraded 16 days now since submission.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

I'm sorry to hear that, @kholman1.

I said in the original post, I was appalled to see a nomination that was blatant nomination abuse still in voting for a friend weeks after I had flagged it as such.

There are a lot of GOOD nominations out there and a lot of BAD nominations out there. Even too many of the good ones slow each other down.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

After 2 weeks of one of my nominations having an "upgrade" applied to it, the nomination is finally "in voting!" Unfortunately, I still have very little faith in the "upgrade" actually being applied and/or adding anything to speeding this nomination up.

The nomination I had upgraded the day before is still "in queue."

• ArchaliarArchaliar ✭✭
    edited December 2019

My feelings exactly. Over 13k reviews before this farce of "Wayfarer" and poor quality reviewers flooding in, never did I ever drop to poor. I tested this by reviewing a couple of dozen nominations yesterday (still on green). Opened the pile of dung this morning to find out I had dropped to yellow, did around ten and activated a cooldown dropping me to poor. Hey Nia, keep your low quality network of a made up word if you want it to lose any potential market value that it might have had! Or just /&%¤#&%//& FIX IT!! You could at least admit it is NOT WORKING! There's no way my 13k excellent rating just got dropped to poor over less than 100 reviews. The base we built while we still had the quality of OPR and the experience of actual players doing it SHOULD COUNT!

Is there someone who you can tag and who could actually come and apologize for everyone that's used a lot of time for free improving the portal network? The people who are now being punished over someone else's incapacity to comprehend what makes a high quality candidate for a portal (sorry, the made-up word of wayspot again)...

• So broken. I'm not getting near as many agreements as I should for all the reviews I've done, likely because portals that should be one starred (**** mall signs and car photos and such, and obvious fake descriptions, locations, and titles, like, a Walmart employee smoking bench titled a "trail gazebo", or a bridge completion plaque falsely called a "dedication", or titles and descriptions that looked like they were typed by headbutting a phone) are getting forced through anyway and it's counted as a disagreement, despite following criteria. What used to feel like easy agreements by one-starring 10 garbage submissions in a row, doesn't feel like it anymore, because it's probable that half of them will come online anyway.

I am fortunate that I haven't been put into red or yellow rating, but I feel like it's coming.

And when I finally do get an upgrade, the upgraded POI sits in queue for days and days while the trash that's in there gets sorted out.

It's frustrating, and I share that complaint with you all.

• This makes no sense. The fact you're still in great rating means that you appear not to diverge too far from what others are voting, which should be an indication the rest is voting correctly too. Furthermore most of what you bring forth here is what you feel, which has nothing to do with what is actually going on.

Have you seen those bad submissions go live? (Or do you just feel they will)

How do you know the nominations you've reviewed are going through quickly or are recent? (Or do you just feel they are)

Do you know rejection 10 bad nominations in a row won't give you as much agreements as they used to? (Or do you just feel they won't)

See what I'm getting at here?

Clearly some people on here are having serious issues in their area's but not all areas are affected equally or at all. From the facts you have shared it seems more like my personal review area which seems if anything to be a little too happy to reject things compared to before.

• It does make sense. What I'm saying is, my thousands of reviews in OPR didn't diverge too far from the normal - however, from what we've seen complained about here, and what I've seen in my area and what I've seen posted in other areas, leads me to believe that the way I have been voting is diverging further from what is the new normal. What used to be an easy 1 star for a bad photo/flagrantly false description/whatever is a viable portal depending on your community and who knows you submitted what.

So yeah, it is what I feel, but what I feel is based on what I've seen. Not that this wasn't an issue before Wayfarer, but it's worse now.

"Have you seen those bad submissions go live?" Yes.

"How do you know the nominations you've reviewed are going through quickly or are recent?" I know my area well enough to know what's new and what isn't.

"Do you know rejection 10 bad nominations in a row won't give you as much agreements as they used to?" Yes, for the reasons posted above.

I wouldn't necessarily mind if my area was a little more scrupulous in their reviews, as some of the things I know were rejected were slam dunks, and some of these portals going online are straight trash.

I mean, look at this: https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=39.410208,-77.337234&z=17&pll=39.410208,-77.337234

• yes or nominating a church with both the description and supporting statement being "it's a church" 🙄 there r too many "easy 5s" most reviews I do r for sports fields, playgrounds and churches [**** mall churches too]