Ingress 2.37.2 Release Notes

Comments

• It looks a lot better without the chromatic aberration! Now all that needs to be fixed are the horrible button feedback animations. Maybe the buttons could have the redacted feedback animation instead of the awful headache inducing ones we have now

• Also the flashiness of the entire scanner could be toned down.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree on buttons/elements animations. They're a bit too flashy.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

The animation on the buttons was added once before. Everyone complained and they removed it. But it got re-introduced few versions back, silly choice if you ask me.

• mkbktm1981mkbktm1981 ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Yellow shard still apears while logon from v2.37.3 android.

Mate 20 pro (Android 9): fixed on v2.37.3

Mate 9 (Android 9): not fixed on v2.73.3

• another pattern of yellow shard

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty. They are fixing it in 2.38, Brian confirmed on Reddit.

• Hello,

this is a translation in French of the message posted by NianticBrian on December 3rd 2019.

Bonjour,

ceci est une traduction en français du message posté par NianticBrian mardi 3 décembre 2019.

Vous allez prochainement recevoir la mise à jour 2.37.2 de Ingress. Elle inclut les changements suivants :

Interface graphique :

1. Retrait de l'aberration chromatique et du vignettage sur les côtés gauche et droit de l'écran de carte. Adieu les bords flous.
    2. Ajustement pour retirer le chevauchement des points d'action et du nom d'agent.
    3. Dans l'écran des resources additionnelles, ajout des liens vers https://community.ingress.com et https://shop.ingress.com .
    4. Dans le menu des paramètres, le numéro de compilation est placé sous le bouton X.

Correction de bogues :

1. les missions successives ont leur numérotation qui commencent désormais à 1 et pas à 0.
    2. Sur Android, la réussite de la récupération d'un passcode est suivie de l'affichage des éléments acquis. Après la mise à jour en 2.37.2, les agents pourront rester avec le passcode BK8INGRESS7YC.
    3. sur l'écran de recharge, pour les agents qui ont fait une Récursion, la statistique d'efficacité selon la distance est de nouveau fixe.
    4. Amélioration pour les albums photos de l'écran de portail accédé depuis le caroussel de clefs (?)
    5. Correction partielle pour l'écran de glyphes figé pendant la séquence de commandes
  • We're rolling out an incremental update, now version 2.37.3, with a speculative fix for a portal display issue we were seeing reported by some agents on 2.37.2. Thank you.

• Probably because they haven't identified the real root cause yet, but changed something that resolved the issue for some people

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, I'll stop refreshing updates from the AppStore ;D haha.

Btw, there are reports from people that portals are also not being displayed on the Intel map, is there any news about that? Started since the "Takedown message" this week...

• Where is the update?

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

No diffent with 2.37.3 same blurry UI and pixel links whithout antialiasing. Please fix it soon for premium device. I have Samsung Galaxy S10+ and Android 10 with Exynos.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a phased rollout. Which means it will be available to more people whilst time passes.

Ok, I don’t think you understand what the update means. There are blurry edges in previous versions that are not in this release. I am wondering what you mean exactly, because your description is not really clear.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably the lack of anti-aliasing? Personally I'm fine with this as it's going to mean less battery drain.

As for where the update is, 2.37.3 went live for iOS in the last hour or so, so Apple users can go refresh their update list to get it now.

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

2 months and updates later, still can't play prime. Support isn't letting me know what's wrong or if they can fix, it tell me to patiently wait and a response will "be soon". Can't transfer or drop gear, can't look at stats, recharging and deploying resos either doesn't work or takes forever, bursters take forever or don't work at all, names come up as recursed symbols on portals, can't unlink Google or FB accounts, comm messages take forever to show.

• Glad to see they fixed the items showing when you redeem a passcode.

I have the yellow thing on my initial screen too, but I read they are going to fix it in next update, cool.

Finally, I would like a fix for the game freezes, that should be top priority. When you are playing on an event, you having to restart Ingress is very annoying.

Another thing I would like to be removed are the damn warning messages when the game finally loads, you have to click on the OK button.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a reason for the inconsistency? The 2.37.3 update is now live in the appstore, and whilst the blurry edges are gone in the normal scanner view, it's still there on remote portal view. Is that on purpose?

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

Since installing 2.37, I haven't seen a single Freeze happening in altogether 9 hours gameplay while I would usually see one twice an hour on average in similar conditions. Lucky chance or did they improve something?

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

UI: Removed chromatic aberration and left/right vignette on map screen. Goodbye blurry edges.

Thank you!

To the earlier comment in this thread about the edges in Remote Portal View: The purple border around the edges of the view makes it feel like I’m looking through something, so the blurring at the edges has a meaningful context. (I don’t have a strong opinion on it, otherwise.)

Bugfix: Successfully redeeming a passcode on Android displays a list of acquired items. After updating to 2.37.2, agents can test this with passcode BK8INGRESS7YC

Thank you for the passcode to test with. That’s thoughtful. 😃

And finally, it’s not mentioned in these release notes, but Remote Portal View seems load more quickly and reliably now. Woo!

• Me too. No freezing even within 6 straight hours of gameplay.

Thank God.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

Yeah, maybe. But remote portal view already has the "viewport" look. Like you're watching through the purple vignette. I just dislike the blur effect, makes me wonder if I need glasses. (In terms of visibility and such, I feel they should just make it an option. Toggle the blur system wide, or have it enabled if you like that kind of stuff.)

I know some visually impaired people are having issues with the scanner. And whilst this might not be the primary issue, I can see how it doesn't help if you're visually impaired.

The speed improvement in remote portal view is a nice little update. I hope loading the environment when you resume the app from background has improved in the same way. Guess I'll find out today :)

• DJPatesDJPates ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Experienced deleted weapons. I had a few XMPs and a couple of Ultra Strikes at one point but suddenly there was none. This is the 2nd time I've experienced this playing Prime.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Weird bug. Sure you didn’t accidentally delete it?

Never seen this before. Only seen items disappear because they were farmed by bots and purchased/ passed on.

• I got the update last night, finally... but @NianticBrian I still have the vignette effect on my map when hacking and also when viewing portal details. Am I misunderstanding what the change was supposed to accomplish?

Two of my friends have quit playing because as they put it "Prime feels like you're drunk and playing Ingress in space" - and honestly I can't argue with them. I am not that old (mid 30s) and I find it more difficult than redacted to see what I need to see.

Generally the button placement and UI is more ergonomic and easier to use than Redacted, after relearning it, and I like the recent improvements in color and contrast, but it still feels like drunken Ingress in space a lot of the time. One of the best things about Redacted was that it felt like an extension of real life, a window into a layer of reality just beyond perception. By comparison Prime feels almost completely unrelated to the world around me while I'm standing at a portal.

I could see how a new player might struggle to become immersed in this augmented reality, when it feels less connected to the world than Redacted did. Removing vision imparing effects is essential to regaining this, in my opinion. Better yet, make them available with a toggle and don't enable them by default.

• a few bugs here: strange portal selection, intersection of fields / links...

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Nearby sometimes loads nearby from your keys.

a restart of the game will resolve the other bugs.