Stained Glass Windows in Churches

How have people been rating stained glass windows in churches? I’ve been seeing more and more lately.

Comments

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Duplicate of the church unless it is particularly striking or historical like a Tiffany window.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Only approve if they are of historical value.

• SvardodSvardod ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

I would vote to approve them if they had artistic value. A generic row of stain glass windows might not make the cut, but a truly unique stain glass window especially if it is on display would get my vote. Example:

• If the church is already a portal, it would make a nice additional photo for the church. It would be quite easy to argue that the window is a duplicate for the church as it is part of the building. On the other hand many stained glass windows are portal worthy just because of the art that goes into them.

I'm a fan of submitting any and all stained glass that is unique and well done as a piece of art. Good luck on whatever you decide.

• As a stained glass artist, I would love to submit all the stained glass windows. But getting a portal per window would be a bit ridiculous so I rate those as duplicates.

However, if it's a big church and a very large window, then 5 stars.