Autocorrect and Auto-Casing for Waypoint Submissions

I know I'm not the only one to suggest this, but it'd definitely go a long way into maintaining the quality of submissions if auto-correct and auto-casing were reintroduced.

When Ingress Classic™/[Redacted] existed, portal titles would, by default, capitalize the words, as well as suggest proper spelling if you ****-fingered your way through the name. It would do the same, minus the auto-cap, for description.

I've seen so many portals in Wayfarer that look like a lowercase mishmash of letters because the submitter either didn't look as they typed, or assumed the autocorrect would happen.

It's just really ugly and discouraging to see approved portals or submissions in Wayfarer that looked like they were typed via headbutt.

Comments

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope Niantic fix it soon in Prime.

• I also appreciate them censoring "f a t", because the censorship makes that phrase look so much funnier.

• Not all languages capitalize all words in titles.

• If they fix it in Prime, they also need to get it done in Pogo, since that platform allows submissions now as well.

Anything new that I spot in my play areas, I’ve been sending through edit requests if the portal name is all in lowercase.

Have done more edits than new submissions lately.

• Please no auto-correct.

It would already do strange things to some english language submissions but would really mess up local languages (german, french, danish for me but there's more. Think of even mixed with english submissions in non-english locations). There are other languages out there. And as already the word filtering here in the forums is messed up there will be strange results from anything near auto-correct.

• I'm definitely all for the application to automatically capitalize each word! I've recently waded through a lot of submissions that seemed like the person was in a hurry and didn't bother to at least format the P.O.I. like a title. Though WCPL is also right; I'd like it if they also did so for submissions in PokeGo since I've found a lot of uncapitalized P.O.I. titles with some hint that they were submitted via P.G. (eg. Supporting Information text that references P.G. specific terms)

• Even in English you only want some words capitalised.

Usually the very first word and any proper nouns, but not 'and', 'the' etc.

I've had to carefully un-capitalise words in the past.