We need an edit abuse option and we need it now

So as most people have experienced and know there's always been people doing edits to make things appear in PoGo or WU, but they are now seriously beginning to take the piddle.

Here's just 1 from the 4 so far I've seen today, thats out of 20 reviews so just under 1/4 of the POI's ive reviewed so far today have been edit abuses.

This example really takes the cake as the submitter has admitted the first move was to an incorrect location just purely to make a gym, and now wants it moved back.

Seriously please @RedSoloCup or @NianticCasey is there anyway to add edit abuse to Wayfarer site

Tagged:

Comments

• I just had this appear in wayfarer!

• I just chose leave description blank on an edit this morning.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

Things like this should be reported as abuse through the help bot, but agree there should be a way to report abusive edits within Wayfarer.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate that its being looked into.

• RyuuVanDracoRyuuVanDraco ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Yeah, see that more and more.

As here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EK2DUmMXsAAAVBc.jpg:large

Dude wants to have the Waypoint moved to the north as at the current southern location allegedly is no power box and someone wanted a home spot. But you can clearly see this very box is (or maybe was) there as you can see the colors and the building with the same wall colors in the background.

So why exactly does he want it moved? Get it himself? Envyness on another player? Want to keep it around and not mark for removal as he should if isn't there?

Also had it happen at least twice that a Waypoint was moved and then moved back. -_-

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

If there was a tick box for abuse next to each description or title edit, that might work. Not sure about reporting location edits.

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t wait to see this getting taken away quick because of people who cry abuse at every edit they don’t like. Just like forum flags.

• Just got another abuse.

Editor wants his point moved to the Northwest, claiming the southeast one is on the wrong side of the building and on the street. While 2nd may be true since this easy happens by accident, the 1st claim is blatantly wrong. You easy see that by looking at the top decoration and the windows. They don't look like that on any other side.

Srsly, do people think we are blind?

• Yeah, edit abuse button is cool. But giving pogo and HPWU poi’s the same as ingress eliminates more problems. At least they are moving things back. And it seems both where still valid locations since it was on the object.

• As an ingress player I have earned the right to move stuff. Ingress has more portals so drawing links shouldn’t be an issue. At least they are moving it back. sometimes you have to take matters on to your own hands. Wayfarer is not just for ingress. It serves the local community playing niantic‘s games, and if the ingress player moves it and the wayfarer agrees why not. It’s up to your local community to decide edit locations.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

Earned the right to move POI's ? i assume you mean that you leveled up to allow the edit ability rather than just meaning because you play ingress you have the right to move POI's

Leaving that to one side, saying "at least they are moving it back" doesn't alter the fact it should never have been moved in the first place, would have dropped any links or fields from it the first time it was moved, and would do so again for the second time if it is moved.

Saying it serves the local community playing Niantic games is not correct, moving it may serve PoGo players, it wouldn't serve Ingress players who have used it to link and field. No one game is more worthwhile than the other (controversial on these forums I know)

Having extra portals to link to does not alter the fact that if you are using a POI that has been moved, then all the fields and links are dropped and can adversely affect an Ingress Players game.

• But it’s ingress players that did the edit. and if the community voting agree with it. Then It should move. Yeah it takes voting time from other submissions, but it brings content to areas with bad placement. Per your argument of fields If one person decides to move a portal it takes a community and time, where they could have easily blast it or flip it. No field is ever really safe. I can understand your point, but the reason is silly to me. I still say instead of petitions for an agent removal, we should petition a one to one conversion and a bigger interaction radius. At least a reason why not

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

I think the biggest problem is people are wanting to shame pogo and ask niantic to take away voting and submitting from pogo players when I have seen improper edits done way before pogo and actual valid edits are being done now. The problem is instead of causing drama these reports need to be sent to niantic directly not constantly bashing in public forums. I think people need to understand niantic owns the database and the players don't get to control quality of submissions. Niantic will take action against faked portals and edits. Give it time we are seeing a re-balancing of what is being accepted and people are going to eventually burn out trying to make bad changes. The new toy feel to wayfarer will burn off when all of the submissions are denied due to duplicates or too close to come online. I am seeing areas filling up to the max. I am also starting to see rural areas benefit when voting.

• Hang on let's back track he slightly. It's only ingress players abusing the edits. Pogo has nothing to do with it. Lvl 12 in most cases can edit in my local area. So it's the people who are the "trusted" reviewers making the changes.

• We need it NOW

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Not the first thread where he demands reviewers don't change their initial rating if the reviewer finds out that the location is mismatched, on school grounds, or on private residential property when assessing safe pedestrian access and location accuracy.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

I found the " if its within 2 - 3 miles then its a 3* location" comment to be rather amusing

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

God could you imagine if timerciock was pulling their bowlshut with Wayfarer being released to Pogo players? Double the fun right there.

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

He is still doing it. I only saw that one thread but regardless of the Ingress bans he has other accounts.

• why we need it ! How about and edition to move from one continent to other ?

• @NianticCasey how about getting them to add the supporting comments like I suggested previously. What happens when a poi has genuinely moved? I know what will happen it will get flagged as abuse and people will start getting in trouble with you guys.

If they have to explain why there is an edit the reviewers can then decide if it's a valid reason.

If you are going to make the wayfarer team add more coding to make a abuse button now is the time to get them to add the supporting comments.