Pedestrian bridges

I get that automobile bridges are not a POI. I see that. SOME pedestrian bridges have been approved, but others have not.

Are they only approved for certain criteria?

Considering how rare they are in my area, the hundreds of thousands of dollars that go into design and construction, the fact that they are highly visible landmarks, and that they encourage outdoor exercise, I'd think they would be easier to get approved. They are not.

Do they have to be inside a park? Leading to a park?

Do they have to be of high artistic merit?

Do they have to not be mass produced?

Do they have to be part of a trail?

Do I need the trail sign in the picture?

Comments

• read the November AMA

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Ironically where these have been submitted are in local parks and on trails. Even if they aren't the most visually unique submissions I am getting a lot with quality photos and some have unique architecture. I have seen a handful of actual vehicular traffic bridges in wayfarer it is expected to honest the way human nature is. I got 4 pedestrian bridges approved all in parks or on a trail. Arguing over it is bad but some submissions I have seen are taking it to the extreme and yes some might not call them bridges as they barely have any water under them and it seems like they are meant for the rainy season for flash rain events. I just showcase the actual bridge with a good photo and none of the ones I submitted even have a plaque.

• Maybe we could post some examples: what got approved vs what didn't, and why.

I've got some bridges I think would be good, but I can't seem to pick a good angle.

• @Gersterwind I submitted this after the AMA and it was approved first go.

I have done another two submissions which are less likely to pass, but no answer yet.

• edited November 2019
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6031689/uploads/131/OLHJFOEHWFC1.jpg There was an error displaying this embed.

Not sure if this helps, but this is the only specification given for bridges

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

The question refers specifically to nature trail Bridges too.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

well the community has spoken and are approving pedestrian bridges in parks quite frankly it makes sense people want valid poi not trying to subject everything to overthinking. I have seen people trying to pass apartment complex crossings but no park pedestrian and bike bridges should be fine. they are on path connecting people to other points of interest.

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

What? The question is narrow about bridges in parks and nature preserves as a part of a trail. Are we all just forgetting the lessons learned from the Gazebo debates? I think it's safe to say that pedestrian bridges should be accepted if they are a part of a trail and no where does it say signs are required.

• *wooden bridges.

• ZaltysZaltys ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

Funnily enough, those are the ones that I haven't managed to get approved. Two metal pedestrian bridges? Passed on the first try. Wooden trail bridges? Rejected repeatedly.

Even though those are the ones specifically mentioned in the update log. Shows just how much attention reviewers pay to it.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

I vote yes to both types don't get why the boardwalks and wooden bridges are denied?

• Maybe someone thinks wooden bridges aren't examples of impressive architecture, but thinks steel bridges are??

I'll never understand some of the decisions