Don't these PoGo kids get ANY instructions???

GorillaSapiensGorillaSapiens ✭✭✭✭✭

*smh*

"This location has free wifi and is surrounded by three pokestop. It is also hy a walking trail which is a perfect stop to rest and stock up on items. McDonalds serve thousands of kids everyday and I am sure this pokestop will be used often."

Comments

• quirischaquirischa ✭✭✭✭

Even more: it sounds like a gym submission, not a pokestop.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Ninatic has published the guidelines on both support websites for Ingress and Pokemon Go as well as on Wayfarer website, but people don't/refuse to read them. It's not an uncommon problem. Back in the 1990s, I wrote an extensive character creation tutorial for a Star Wars RPG website that people had to go through while creating their character. The overwhelming majority of the character submissions clearly showed that no one was reading the tutorial.

• I found the explanation of expectation of portal submissions to be too vague. It wasn’t until I was given direct examples, and coached on writing the description, did my portals begin to get accepted. With exception to the occasional proximity issue, pretty much all my portals are accepted now, but it took being coached. I think a fair portion of the poor submissions are due to people using current portals as examples on what to submit, be it the guidelines have changed and become far more restrictive.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Kids? Most players I know are about 30+. Kids usually can't spend so much time outside of have better things to do, s they're. It lv40 yet. I play it casually since beginning and still at 37.

And no, they have no clue.

• JudyBJudyB ✭✭✭

Yes, Pogo players have access to instructions - next to the "New Pokestop" button in the app there is a link to the Nomination Guidelines. Unfortunately, as with the Ingress submission guidelines you can't force people to read them...

One change they could make would be to require you to open the Guidelines link at least once before your first submission, but TBH I'm not really convinced that would change anything?

• They could require passing the Wayfarer test to submit no problem, but here we are.

• I've been having good luck following the wayfarer guidelines and getting agreements, things like this are easy 1* denials. I would like to know if there are penalties / warnings in place if the submitter start getting a large number of 1* denials, putting a hold on their ability to submit.