Ingress subscriptions - supporting Niantic

It seems to be a lot of people wanting to support Niantic with money for Ingress so I am proposing an experiment.

On december 1st, buy CMU with an amount you feel would be a reasonable amount to pay for a monthly subscription.

You don't need to buy anything else from the store, just purchase the cmu.

Anyone in?

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I'm in. It'll be the 15k CMU bundle for me. Will post proof too lol

EDIT: Except if Niantic actually brings out their subscription before that.

• Lets do this!

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

I will buy the $4.99 (7000 CMU) bundle, for sure, and might do the $9.99 (15,000 CMU) bundle. But I am happy to get on this bandwagon. I still have the 32,000 already in my account. lol

• I kinda like this. I'm in!

• JaredelgJaredelg ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Finally... I have been wanting this for a while for several reasons. Among them; a paid subscription will hopefully limit the number of spoofers we see. And Ingress needs to have a steady income to provide good services.

I am in.

• This is wrong Firstly there is no point in only playing for a month. So minimum subscription needs to at least 6 months.

I would suggest 15 000 cmu for a year

• I have no problem with this. I subscribe to other games I enjoy - why not this one?! I will also buy cmu on the 1st.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

There is absolutely nothing stopping us from doing this again on January 1, February 1, March 1, April 1….

Like so many other things in Ingress, it only takes one person to get the ball rolling. That one person could be anyone. It could even be you! 😃

• I guess a monthly subscription could buy a larger inventory capacity, say £1.99 ($2.99) for a 500 increase, £2.99 ($3.99) for a 1000 increase with maybe the same number of common items thrown in each month. Buy through the existing CMU route. Inventory increase for 30 days on payment which reverts back to normal if another inventory bundle is not purchased at the end of the period.

Allows players to dip in and out as they feel fit (increased capacity for anomalies maybe) but still allows F2P players to compete, albeit for a shorter period.

• They have said, repeatedly, there will be no inventory increase. They do not want to give players the ability to play in “God mode,” resulting from such an increase in bursters. 500, not to mention 1000, would severely change the game dynamic.

• I’m in for the 7000 CMU pack! I want Ingress to survive.

More inventory space should come for everyone. With all the new portals popping up, we need space for keys en cubes to recharge them.

• AnimaIControIAnimaIControI ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

There are a lot of players that have always played in high portal density areas. I happen to be one. You don’t keep everything recharged. It’s a game of strategy. You have to be selective with what and how much you control. Inventory management is really part of the game. Again, it’s strategy. If I want to carry 1000-1200 bursters, I can’t have any resos, and all my keys must be in lockers, along with being relatively low on mods. I then hack for, and farm resos, as that inventory depletes as I smash. Having keys to everything is not realistic. I know more inventory space would change that, but then strategy of play associated with inventory management would be gone, and they don’t want players like me carrying around 2000 bursters with the ability to level a city inside 2 hours.

• I am completely against this idea. Niantic could go too far and make ingress a subscription service with no F2P option. Not to mention that making the client app a paid app on the App Store would probably remove the micro transactions from the game

• I want to keep playing but I wouldn’t if I had to pay $50 or above every month

• I'm in

Bottoms up, everyone.

• Done mine as well

• Just bought 7000 CMU :-)

Now release the anomaly city’s and dates please:-))

• kireankirean ✭✭✭

Bought 7000 cmu here as well

• I am in. :)

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

Check! The link amps must flow.

• Subscription for a buggy game with not client services at all? For servers that crash at paid events? Are you serious?

They cant even read support tickets or be consistent about policy letting report system being abussed by cheaters against legit agents that try to ban them. Come on!

• I did it to see if I could summon the all powerful Niantic Brian.

Was he ever pinged? Would be a shame to do all this and him not knowing lol

@NianticBrian take a look at this thread! A lot of agents really, really want to support you/Niantic. The subscription you talked about already would be bought by at least all us in this thread and the customizable player arrow you mentioned in the latest AMA will also be bought. We all love Ingress, and we all want it to prosper and continue.

• I’m in this morning for 7,000.

• I pitched in for 7000 cmu