OPR abuse/problem - almost everything gets rejected

robioreskecrobioreskec ✭✭
edited August 2019 in Wayfarer (Archive)

Here is gallery of just some submissions/nominations that keep getting rejected. I've submitted some 3-5 times already, and still nothing. All fellow players that still do OPR say these are perfectly good candidates. I understand this is not faction abuse because it takes reviewers from both factions to get a result. I live close to border of my country, so there are at least 3 other countries that get to review my nominations, and all 3 have different language from my country. This wasn't problem in the past, so I don't understand why would it be now.

If something is unclear from the photo, I submit in English, but info/history boards, playgrounds, INRI, churches and football fields are clear from the photo. Most of these are either visible from Street view or satellite view, if not I take photo sphere or submit with Prime so reviewer has Supporting photo and submition statement in which I write details in English (exact location if it's not clearly visible, exact details about potential portal and under what category does it fit).

In past, it wasn't big problem, 90% were getting accepted without supporting photos (pre prime submissions) and in local Croatian language, but in past 3-4 months 80% of stuff gets rejected, and most of those are clear 5* candidates.

I'm starting to lose will to submit, there are still villages and parts of city without many portals, and then when I spend few hours biking there or tank of gas to submit, they get rejected. Out of 25 this week, 4 got accepted. out of 26 3 weeks ago, 6 got accepted.

Why fellow reviewers and why Niantic?

Just a note in case somebody forgot: if you can't find the candidate on SV or satellite, that is NOT 1* for location. You should look at background and compare it to SV or satellite view and then judge if that candidate may be there, after all street view can be 1 to 10 years old.

Comments

• Just a note in case somebody forgot: if you can't find the candidate on SV or satellite, that is NOT 1* for location. You should look at background and compare it to SV or satellite view and then judge if that candidate may be there, after all street view can be 1 to 10 years old.

No indeed, but noone except for Niantic can say if 3* location is enough to be accepted.

I personally wouldn't accept a location if the consensus was "could be there but not sure"

• Sadly, after some time of being in Croatia and submitting here, I can confirm that Croatia has a big problem with OPR. Legitimate portals have been rejected out of hand, with a series of random responses. With the addition of Wayfarer the situation has not got any better.