Are upgrades broken?

I have noticed that my upgrades are not being upgraded. Other submissions that are not an upgrade and were more recent submissions are all ready in voting and my upgrade continues to be "in queue" for 4 days and one I submitted 2 days ago is already in voting. Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• RyuuVanDracoRyuuVanDraco ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Upgrades and everything else broken in general? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, how do you get that idea?

And 4 days only? cute.

My Queue didn't do anything for 3 1/2 weeks now. 13 things in queue and 2 in voting for 4 weeks now. Everything in a high active area. Towns around me get stuff accepted on a daily base, People there often get stuff accepted within a week while nothing happens here.

And I can't upgrade anything since I'm locked. The system doesn't apply upgrades automagically to my new nominations. Since I collected 10 upgrades, there is no way I can upgrade anything, not even manually by pressing "Upgrade Next" since this requires getting another upgrade.

10/10 bugged system.

And of course the support doesn't answer me on Twitter, support doesn't answer me ingame...

Do I keep my nominations if I wipe my stats via mail change via FB connection?

• Update: Well one that I just submitted is already in voting and another one from the same day as the upgraded one is in voting, Yet the one I upgraded is still in queue. So there is that...

• And the update just went into voting.

• @NianticCasey is there a time frame we can expect something to at least move from in queue to in voting? I'm not sweating the time frame to be finished, but mine almost always go to voting very fast, but I've got one that's stuck in queue with 2 upgrades I've earned since then.

If this is indeed a bug, what can we do to get it pushed into voting?

• Upgrade system brokem in Wayfarer??I got 3 updates stacked and i nominated 7 portals today.when i tried to apply upgrade to one of the nominations it didn't get upgraded and it's showing upgrade next...

• I think so. Yesterday I had three upgrades available with zero subs. I nominated two in the afternoon. As of today they are still showing as in the Queue.

• upgrades are not working properly at all right now, but from that AMA just a few days ago Krug said the official stance is that they are working as intended in response to this. The dismissiveness of his answer was very grating too.

Upgrades are taking several days just to enter voting and more than a week to get reviewed, if Niantic expects us to believe this qualifies as being "prioritized" they must think we're really stupid.

• It's been speculated and assumed that a nomination in a specifically sized area cannot go into voting until previous one(s) in that space are complete. Maybe these failing upgrades are because nominations there in limbo held it up?

• I don’t think this speculation is accurate. I recently had a submission in voting that was taking a while and seemed controversial based on the number of views its very remote photosphere was getting relative to other photospheres 50 or fewer meters away.

So I applied an upgrade to nearby (45-50 m away) submission (a nice trailhead marker) that was in queue. Within a few hours it switched to in voting and was accepted with 36 hours of the upgrade. The original in voting submission finally was accepted several weeks later.

(There were other submissions in the immediate area that were also approved before the controversial one was.)

• You can put me in the category of suspected broken upgrades. Until last week upgrades were consistently a 4 day or less (usually 2 or 3) resolution in my area.

I upgraded 4 nominations last week that continue to hang out unresolved. This is despite 20 of my other nominations having their reviews completed last week.

My upgraded nomination on Friday remains “In Queue” despite 6 other nominations getting completed reviews over the weekend.

My oldest pending nomination from 15 months ago is a pavilion in a park that can be seen on Streetview and satellite. I upgraded it early last week to try and push it through but it hasn’t gone yet. I have had 117 other nominations in the same general area complete their reviews so I’m thinking this pavilion nomination is stuck for other reasons than the upgrade issue.

• My oldest pending nomination from 15 months ago is a pavilion in a park that can be seen on Streetview and satellite. I upgraded it early last week to try and push it through but it hasn’t gone yet. I have had 117 other nominations in the same general area complete their reviews so I’m thinking this pavilion nomination is stuck for other reasons than the upgrade issue.

I've heard of others with similar problems and it sounds incredibly frustrating. Have you contacted support about it at all? Have you thought about cutting your losses and just resubmitting the pavilion?

• @Ochemist

I have been thinking recently of resubmitting the pavilion. My area was historically very slow in approving nominations (i.e. many months to a year). With the release of PoGo reviewers things have sped up tremendously so I was waiting to see if my oldest ones cleared.

I had 2 other nominations still left in queue last week that were originally nominated on the same day as the pavilion (Aug of 2018). Soon after I upgraded the pavilion (within about a day or two) the other 2 old nominations cleared through the system and finished their reviews. I'm going to give the pavilion a bit longer before I resubmit it or contact Niantic to check on it.

• And my old pavilion nomination just got approved.

This leaves me with the 3 other upgrades with the one from Friday still “in queue”.

• Congratulations! Looks like your patience paid off.

• Update, my upgrade went through last week.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

I want to know why twio upgrades are taking 2 weeks almost after it entered voting in an urban area. Its like upgrades aren't even given priority anymore. A playground and a pavilion easy 5* submissions stuck.