Resurgence Medal Simulacrum

I am genuinely disappointed that Niantic failed to implement something so simple as to demonstrate with the Year Seven badge how many times one has recursed. I simply do not understand it. Part of the reason why the badge does what it does is to demonstrate yearly progress, and the rollout of this medal prevents that. Is there some way to voice this directly to Niantic?

Comments

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the best way to express your dismay.

I expected wings on the medal, but it was already disclosed ahead of time this would not be the case. I stopped **** during the 7 days because of this. Still wouldn't have made it, but I didn't try to get L16 recursed.

• Thank you kindly for your reploy Jo0Lz. I am very frustrated. I gained 135 million AP this year and just recursed for the fourth time, thinking well ahead of time that they would have the medal reflect the number of recursions.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Number of recursions is already visible at the top of your profile, and you have the initial similaricum badge. Why does it need to be shown in more spots?

• ArtilectZed because then people can see when you achieved what. It's just like if you look at someone's profile to see how much they levelled every year by seeing the badges up to 16. There is literally no reason why they wouldn't make these badges prestige when every other one does. I'm dismayed.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ  Okay. I've never been one to care about what others can see in my profile. To each their own.

• I’m with you here. But I’m surprised you weren’t aware that 95% of Ingress players are absolutely obsessed by their profiles, and that other people see their achievements. It’s why they post screenshots of every badge upgrade they get, every level up, every post-recurse level level up, every set of mission badges they get that they like, actually pay money for some badges, and generally talk about badges.

95% of Ingress players play for their profile.