Nano Pack+ (XMP)

• For L7+ agents
  • L6 XMP x25
  • 1200 CMU

Link Bundle

• For any agent, especially those working towards the Engineer medal
  • Rare Link Amp x50
  • 1800 CMU

The Nano Pack for L1-6 agents is the fifth most frequently purchased item in the Store, so I'm testing to see how Nano Pack+ for L7+ agents performs over the next week — for now, to be available in the Store-only — to see if we should modify the bundle or feature it more prominently.

The Link Bundle is from feedback from agents working towards their Engineer medal, and want access to portal mods that have a relatively small impact on everyday gameplay.

Tagged:

Comments

• hiryuhiryu ✭✭✭

Thanks for your continued experimentation! If I can give some feedback:

Link Amps have a huge impact on everyday gameplay because they prevent someone from putting a useful mod. Anyone who uses this pack will be hated by their own team.

If this is really the strategy you want to pursue, I'd suggest making it possible for people to upgrade the existing mods on a portal (e.g. replace any mod with one of a higher rarity).

I also don't quite understand the purpose of the proposed Nano Pack+es that provide ~30 seconds of gameplay, but I suppose I am not the target audience here.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Resonators xmps are good enough of a low level, that will help when you need it. But don't, at the moment, appear to give a big advantage for Pay-to-win

L7 xmps on the hand are quite powerful, and are generally just as effective as X8s, from time to time.

@NianticBrian it is my opinion that the Link Amp nano-pack is gonna be a winner-winner-chickhen-dinner

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I can only see the Nano Pack+ for Resonators, see at ths very top of the screen. The other ones can't be found in the store. I don't think that's supposed to happen @NianticBrian? I'm level 11, if that helps.

EDIT: And they're up. Looks like I caught you while you were changing stuff 😉

• @NianticBrian What about common heat sink instead of link amp? That would let the person hack again immediately, get more gear, and also allow the next agent to hack slightly quicker.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

The link amps got a hearty, good-natured laugh from me. +1 for the sense of humor. 🤣

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the Link Amp bundle! I wish that had been available for my Engineer Onyx run. I may buy some when I have room in my inventory anyway, just for fun.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

If only such things were around when I was working on my engineer, I'd likely of bought a pack or few for that damn badge, lol.

If you have a bunch of Jarvis, I will spring for a few LA packs. 😇 I have like 35k CMU still waiting to be used from my initial $99 purchase of CMU when the 5 pack of key lockers were first released.

• jsylvisjsylvis ✭✭✭✭

"and want access to portal mods that have a relatively small impact on everyday gameplay."

Thank you for respecting game balance.

• Brian, the Link Amp Nano Pack is genius! Thinking outside of the box like that is a brilliant idea!

• Sagitario14Sagitario14 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I won't pay to hit directly the black engineer badge. It wouldn't fun anymore, imo.

But for the NEW player base and trainers that's a good idea to earn a gold badge this way is fast and easy.

• The link amp bundle is brilliant! I was buying common shield packs for the engineer grind. Already bought a pack lol

I have to disagree on the heatsink one. It does lend an advantage in the game. All you microfielders out there know what I'm talking about. Even those who just like to field. Heatsink being able to hack again right away puts you into the advantage with moar keys & moar resos.

But I'm two thumbs up on the Link Amp pack! I'd even be two thumbs up on a Multi Hack pack.

• RobertoXVIIRobertoXVII ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I'm here to RT all the Link Amp comments. I literally just bought 3 and I'm 100% sure I'll be buying a few more during this double AP event and for every FS.

EDIT: I bought 4 LA bundles and put 98 of them in a Quantum Capsule. Now I'll get a "Free Bundle" almost every month.

• I was wondering if the LinkAmp Nano Pack is for fun or for real.

If it was just for "purchasing" for a faster Onyx Engineering Medal I would downvote the idea.

Working hard to reach Onyx is not easy anyway, but it is much happier to reach it without simply splashing the money on it.

Nothing wrong with spending on it. It's not like its a ton of mods, just extra to help you along the way. I support having this pack for sale. And yes, I do have my Onyx Engineer badge and am already halfway to the double Onyx badge. If I got close I'd pony up some money for cmu to buy the last bit just to get it done on a certain date or such. I'd also just buy link amps for the fun of it anyway. They can be fun to deploy for no reason at all other than to deploy them.

I like saving mine all month then using at the FS as well. I usually see if anyone on my faction needs some extra engineer credits then dump them the mods. =)

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, you still have to find 25,000 empty portals to deploy them to.

• I got it, but the hardest part still is to accumulate mods because new portals appears frequently and there's too much cargress to deploy fast and easy, 25000 slots is possible in two years or less.

They calculated the the last tier of Engineer comparing to Builder (200000/8 = 50000/2), but to accumulate reso, to deploy it and att slots for Builder badge is too easy.

Eh, it's all easy if you simply play the game. Walk around, glyph portals, build portals, link and field portals. Simple stuff.