The amount of junk being submitted AND APPROVED is insane

Empty fields, trees, animals, people, food, schools (not just things on school grounds but actual schools), private residential property, McDonald's, literal garbage and Photoshopped fakes.

When outright fake and abusive submissions are reported through the chat bot, the response is just 1 star them. But some of them are actually getting through and reporting them as invalid gets the generic "does not meet our criteria for removal".

The criteria for removal MUST be expanded to include "junk that should never have been approved in the first place".

Opening up Wayfarer has to be reviewed PDQ. This is devaluing Niantic's biggest asset. There are things on private residential property slipping through the cracks which could make the last class action lawsuit look like a parking ticket.

Tagged:

Comments

• Niantic just wanted to increase the free workers in order to make an even bigger data base to sell events for profit, everywhere and achieved that by giving millions of pogo accounts the ability to approve every single piece of junk, as you called it. It's all about the money nowadays... quantity>quality.

• ZloPsetoZloPseto ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Everything could've been avoided by just giving a completely separate system for PoGo. Far less rubbish submissions for those pesky stuckup Ingress players, no interference from them to getting every rock and can on the road to become a portal for the (average) PoGo players. The only victims would be PoGo players with an ounce of integrity but hey, they are victims like this anyway and at least only one game would be polluted.

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like it's not just everyone blanket accepting everything but that the things they are rejecting are incorrect. IE not understanding PRP, pedestrian access, I was reading a reddit thread where people asked how a fountain fits criteria etc

• Fountains are quite unusual to see in my experience, I know of one in thousands of portals around here, so for new reviewers they might seem a difficult case.

Was that not what I was saying? Things Ingress players have known to be acceptable (through the Candidate Action Guide or AMAs) are being rejected by new reviewers who don't know.

This is the main thing I've been seeing when poking through reddit threads. I feel like this one is not Niantics fault. Pedestrian access is pretty clear and much of the test I took to review was catered to it.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

First off some of the mc donalds passing are a mural or playgrounds that were in the queue before they changed the guide to no on the playgrounds now if the sign is getting approved yank it. I have seen valid murals in mc donalds about local attractions or culture objects.

• Partly, yes. I've seen some PoGo player go on about how submissions not in English should be in English regardless of the country where they are from. He gave a bunch of completely valid nominations 1 star for name/description just for, say, being Italian in Italy, Slovenian in Slovenia etc. We told him not to and he might not have continued on - but he may not be the only one. People are trying to educate, but how do you do that when some people (and I definitely am NOT saying that the guy in the first example didn't learn or change his mind) refuse to do that and (re)organize themselves - "**** those idiots, we are right" style. In some regions, it's almost a cultural/societal thing...

We'll see in a month or two. Maybe "everyone" gets their shitty couch stop through and things get back to "normal". Maybe we as a community manage to educate most of the rest of our communities. Who knows.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

It's getting worse. Not just junk but things explicitly listed as ineligible.

• I really miss the "doesn't meet criteria" checkbox in reporting a wayspot as ineligible.

• AnlashokAnlashok ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Do you mean this?

Or are you talking about reporting invalid portals/etc. in the relevant app?

• Whoab0tWhoab0t ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

In the game. Like, when you're reporting something that was (somehow) approved that shouldn't have been.

• ZaltysZaltys ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I haven't seen any new approvals that are worse than what's already got approved years ago.

For instance, we have some 'angel statue' portals that are just close-ups of tiny thrift-store statuettes, placed in random public places (with maximum zoom, to make them look huge). ...never could get those deleted, despite photospheres clearly showing that there's no statues in the area.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen an increase in the number of trash submissions being recieved but not in being accepted.

Sure some bad POI's will get thorough (some always get through some how) but haven't seen any of the ones that the Wayfarer discussion group im in and have shared with each other, have actually been accepted.