Undine Silicia

Undine Silicia is one of the confirmed artifacts that has made itself know during the field tests that have occured so far.Undine Silicia is something we, in Operation Essex, are not familiar with. It required some digging to figure out what it may be.

Paracelsus placed undine in a category of imaginary elemental beings associated with water. Water nymphs or mermaids. Paracelsus declared them beings without a soul. "Although resembling humans in form, they lack a human soul, so to achieve mortality they must acquire one by marrying a human"

Silicia was an ancient Roman name but it's root, silex, refers to flint. And this makes sense because Silica is a hard, unreactive, colorless compound which occurs as the mineral quartz and as a principal constituent of sandstone and other rocks.

So this all brings two thoughts.

1. that undine silicia is a stone, possibly flint, that can cature a soul, or simulacra and
  2. that an undine married into the Silica family

Now it is possible to combine the two. that an undine married into the Silica family and that the soul she was given was held within a flint stone until she was ready for it. And if that is what this is, it could be something that Nemesis can use against the researchers. Capture their souls and prevent their returns.

Now this is just my theory.

Tagged:

Comments

• nice breakdown, thanks

• This is the undine silicia

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

This was mentioned by “Hank” (Courier) in the most recent Ultimatum video. Wasn’t this also one of the Artiffacts from the prior challenges? Guess this is another challenge coming up, preventing Nemesis from getting the Undine Silicas

• Yes. It was found in the field tests back in September. I'll have to look and see if it's been mentioned since.

• Thanks for the info. Something to look into definitely. I think this at least gets us to a good starting point.

This is gonna sound kind of odd, but I've been entertaining the idea of an Ingress Prime fanfiction for a while. One of the elements of it was the idea of some kind of fanactic developing a process to essentially drain or harvest XM from people (like, there might be something special of xm particles that had been processed by someone's brain) But one of the important components of this process was quartz, given the unique ways it interacts with energy.

I don't fancy myself knowledgeable enough to think I know what's going on. But when you posted this info, I couldn't really get it out of my head. Hope it's okay that I added some speculation.

• That's fine. And I was mostly speculating that it was a piece of flint. At the time my initial post was written, we really had no clue was it was. it's most likely a piece of sand glass that is in the shape of a tear capable of holding someone's soul.

• I was reminded of something that happened in 1218 during Aegis Nova. I dug through and found it in the Wayback Machine and I'm going to post it here so others can read it.

Hank Johnson discovers a lost Obsidius fragment, and shares his current thinking on the Aegis Nova conflict.

Strange series of events. According to some Agents who have been involved in the most recent Portal Clue hunt, one of my breadcrumbs was discovered at a Portal on Santorini. I have no way to confirm this, but something strange did happen. When I was checking my inventory to look at that Media Object, I found an Obsidius journal entry in there. Can’t explain it. Maybe I hacked it when I wasn’t paying attention, maybe it just appeared. Either way, it’s weird.

I intend at some point to do a Nomad episode on Obsidius. Unfortunately, for now, I have many other pressing matters at hand. I have been in contact with both Jahan and the Acolyte. It seems clear that the Acolyte has been able to exploit Klue’s presence at the compound (and in the cabin) to discover many things about ADA that I am certain she would have preferred remain buried in Klue’s mind. It’s put Jahan on edge. From her point of view, the only path forward is to use Nigel Moyer’s research, weaponize the Aegis Nova shield and attack Jarvis before the Acolyte’s plan comes to fruition.

Many things are in motion and I feel as if I’m attempting to avert a catastrophe, though I can only speculate on what that catastrophe might be.

We are living in dangerous times and my task is made more difficult by whatever this alliance between ADA and Lynton-Wolfe might hold, by Jahan and the Acolyte’s increasingly targeted attacks against one another’s allies, and by Nigel Moyer, whose secret knowledge about Aegis Nova now sit in the middle of all this.

As for Obsidius, I think that his journey with Cybella ranged over far more of the globe than I had previously suspected. It would not surprise me if he could pinpoint anomalous zones that have since been hidden by prime objects or the evolution of the Portal Network. I suspect that more stories about his journey are out there. Over time, I hope they will all come to the surface.

Hank Johnson via Google+

-PAC

Link to the Website

https://web.archive.org/web/20161225013913/http://investigate.ingress.com/2016/06/08/hank-the-aegis-nova-conflict/

• I find it fascinating. As I watch more videos, read more of the history, and read other post how’s engrossed this community is with the mysteries of XM, Nemesis, & the Exogenous.

i hope to get more active on here now that I’m almost caught up. But I am LOVING these theories, & the existence of more Exogenous’.

i hope to contribute some of my own ideas after I finish catching up.