The disagreements: are they a weapon?

GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I've noticed that certain users tend to just disagree on every single post they find from certain other users (found out outside the forum).

Not sure if disagreements will have negative consequences in the future to be applied, I'd say they'll not. But this lead me to think about the rest of buttons.

Why are positive buttons "public" and negative buttons "private". Shouldn't be both "private"? Just as picture likes in a portal picture, they are private. Why is a post in a forum different?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

Comments

• At the bottom of each comment, between ‘insightful’ and ‘like,’ is ‘Disagree.’ The results are not private. If there are multiple disagreements you will see a number next to it keeping count.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure that what the OP means is that the names of the people who disagree are not published, whereas the names of the people who like or find it insightful are published (although I have one browser that it works in and one that it doesn't - and they are the same version of the same browser on the same OS, but different computers).

• AnimaIControIAnimaIControI ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Really? Oh. Had I known that I would have assumed just as you did. Where is this list of published likes, but not dislikes? I only frequent this joint from my phone, so if it’s a curser over it with your mouse type thing, it makes sense I’ve never seen these lists.

Ok, now I see the OP’s inquiry differently.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes exactly, you have to hover over the Like button. Not very mobile-friendly.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, sorry, I was referring to user list displayed over the Like and Insightful buttons if you hover the mouse over them. These are not displayed on Disagree and Flag buttons.

I remember, though, in the beginning, the flag button also displayed the list, but it got hidden over the same time they took out the "personal wall".

I was just wondering and making you wonder why could this situation be.

• Well I think that’s easy, don’t you? Right off the bat it allows the dislikes to be anonymous. That and it doesn’t lead people into seeing the same name repeatedly, which could then start its own drama.