Do portal edits reward AP?

Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in General

Back in the day (2014?) before I even started playing, people were awarded 200AP for portal edits.

The e-mails you got informed you of said AP gain. Fast forward to today. Prime edits are coming through, as well as older "REDACTED edits". Do you receive AP for successfully processed edits? The e-mails do NOT state AP gain, and I myself can't recall if I ever got AP rewarded. Yet some of my friends are completely sure you get AP for edits...

Can someone from NIA enlighten me? I'd like to know without waiting for edits to come through and remembering my AP :P

And no, Google was not my friend. All I could find was a 7 month old Reddit thread with people claiming you do and don't get AP for edits. So I'd like to not take the word of a fellow agent, but rather have @NianticBrian @RedSoloCup or other NIA officials clear this up for me and my friends.

Comments

• No, portal edits do not reward ap.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Yeah, well my friend just got an e-mail with approved edit, stored agent-stats beforehand and is now awarded 400AP.

So... Is there an issue right now that has the side-effect that edits award AP? Still would like to have official word about it. :)

I don't have any pending edits I know of so it's kind of hard to test it out myself.

Edit: It seems that since OPR became wayfarer, people are actually awarded AP for edits. And double now, during the current anniversary event.

• Sagitario14Sagitario14 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I received those 200 AP for all accepted edits recently, Redacted or Prime, no matter which scanner used for submission of portals edit.

I realise that because 200 AP constantly appears on the map after faster reviews of Wayfarer when PoGo players start their job.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

This is exactly what my friend described.

So it seems edits now generate AP. Seeing as @Azhreia stated edits do not generate AP, I feel this is an unwanted side effect of recent changes to either the primary game client, or OPR being converted to Wayfarer. (I feel the latter is true)

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, so was just sitting here with my scanner open, got an email that my edit was accepted, and got 200AP.

This confirms what I already heard from other players, edits now award 200AP.

Would still be nice if someone from NIA could comment if this is by design or some bug.

They do. :o

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed that during the double ap week.

• iFrankmansiFrankmans ✭✭✭✭

I can confirm.

I have been getting AP for the approved edits also.

• I stand corrected :D

• IgnobaeIgnobae ✭✭

In case anyone wonders, it still awards 200 AP.

It was totally unexpected, fortunately this thread exists.

• "1k AP for a new portal discovered." "I'm like: Why?"

• 1k AP wont bring you anywhere once you're ready to submit wayspot candidates, so I guess it's rather a message to check your keys for a new entry