Wayfarer rating dropped

I have done more than 8000 reviews in OPR and then Wayfarer, since my firt ones my rating have been green (I think this was called "great" before ?), but in the 24 hours after Wayfarer was released to Pokémon Go players my rating suddenly dropped to yellow (which iirc was named "good").

Did anyone else experience this ? I have to say this worries me, and makes me wonder what the impact on the portals in my area will be. I’m not even sure this is normal or this is some kind of a bug, who knows. Where could I ask more detailed questions about it ? Should I contact the support ?

If anyone else experienced the same I’d be curious to know it.

Comments

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

May I ask were you are located and how have you been rating playgrounds, shelters, athletic fields, local restaurants, local pubs, etc?

• You may ask but I rather not answer it. And I am usually rating those high enough why??

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

I've had a similar experience, my rating has stayed static at Great for like 18+mths. Then in the last 2 days has bounce between Great and Good several times. Currently back to Great.

I have been trying to do keep doing alot of reviews (max a day has been 250) to take advantage of the interest to work on my badge. So it's possible that many reviews with waiting on agreements affected it, or Niantic has change the algorithm increasing requirements for Great etc.

I'm just going to keep reviewing per the guidelines / AMA, I need 2400 for Onyx so hopefully if it is pogo related (who knows) I can stay above Poor till than.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I ask because where you are can have a significant effect on your rating. For example, I know that in Eastern Europe, particularly in Russia, reviewers were still systematically rejecting playgrounds and athletic fields despite Niantic's clearly stated guidance to accept them. I'm sure their ratings will drop now that PoGo players are now reviewing and approving all those previously rejected wayspots.

I'm also will not put it past Niantic to audit accounts that have an unusually high rejection rate. If Niantic finds that an account is rejecting nominations under false rationales, then their rating will be adjusted accordingly.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess would be that these dips are caused by measuring disagreements, rather than good/bad reviewing. A disagreement means someone is wrong, not that it's YOU that's wrong. What you're seeing would happen in this sort of scenario:

1) You disagree with Player X a lot, your rating goes down.

2) The system realises Player X is a terrible reviewer

3) Player X drops to poor, the system applies a low or zero weighting to Player X

3) Disagreements with player X no longer count, so your stats return to normal.

• Maybe they just changed the thresholds. I experienced the same, since i started Wayfarer i basically always was in green and since two days i'm stuck in yellow.

I voted a lot the last week as i was ill at home and my percentage of votings and agreements was below 50% and is at roughly 52% now. So if the threshold of being green is now 66% (0-33, 34-66, 67-100), than this would explain the drop.

Just my 2 cents

R.

• RakidoRakido ✭✭
    edited November 2019

No clue. Actually my rating dropped down to Red today (After being in green since basically i started reviewing when Wayfarer Beta opened) and i get the option at Wayfarer to take a test to reset my rating ???

The timing is too obvious to not see a connection between the opening of Wayfarer to everyone and the dropping of the rating to red ...

• AnlashokAnlashok ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

It may be a regional thing; last I checked, I was still solidly in the green. Maybe a listing of cells affected reviewers are based in might provide some insight?

(For what it's worth, I have about 6000 nominations reviewed between OPR and Wayfarer, and of those about 2,800 are on record as Agreements; roughly 2400 Accepted and 400 Rejected/Duplicated. So I doubt the ratio of reviewed to agreements is the sole determining factor; that'd put me at ~46%, which would theoretically put me solidly in yellow.)

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are having to retake the test, then that is a likely sign that your account got audited by Niantic, which would also affect your rating as well.

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had a lot of my backlog approved but many things were rejected for safe pedestrian access and PRP that are headscratchers (a trail marker on a paved trail has unsafe access...). I think there's just a lot of conflicting interpretations of the guidelines going on in a more massive scale than prior to Wayfarer release.

• Same

I have over 2000 OPR agreements, always in Great

Now in past week I have seen Good and tonight in fury I have seen Poor

I am thinking its all the GO players just 5* ing everything in sight

I know they outnumber the local Ingress players by a huge margin (must be at least 100 to 1)

• ExploderiExploderi ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

My rating had also been Great pretty much since the beginning of getting access to OPR back in the summer of 2017. Today I reviewed about 30 wayspots and edits and to my surprise noticed that the rating went straight to Poor within the span of these reviews.

I haven't changed my review criteria in any significant manner lately (for the record, I haven't been systematically rejecting e.g. playgrounds and sports fields) and the abruptness of the change frankly gives me the impression that something's broken :P

I think I'll just wait for a while, do a few reviews per day and see if the rating really stays as Poor before actually considering taking the test, in case this is some kind of glitch rather than a massive change in the agreement culture.

(for the record, my ratio is 1813/3228 = 56.2%)

• Same here. I voted on 7230 Submissions in total since the end of 2018. My agreement rate is always between 61% and 65%.

On saturday i dropped from green to red while voting on maybe 40 or 50 submission. since beeing in red and with only doing like 10 submission in the meantime my rate went from 61,4% (thats where i dropped to red) to 62,9% and i got 42% on the next upgrade.

This just doesnt make any sense. Can we please get an answer from niantic here if something over the weekend significantly changed or the system is bugged?

• I have a 71% ratio I may just stop now so I dont loose it.

I will let niantic decide what rubbish gets in now as they have decided to let pogo players do what they like. And cant make up there minds in house if something is good or not.

• Just a quick update: I made less than 20 reviews since I posted this, and I’m down to red now (around 56%). So I know this is related to my old reviews getting unstucked but I’d like Niantic to help me understand what is going on.

• ThisQueenCanThisQueenCan ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Hey I'm a new L12 player so have only been reviewing a short time (only wayfarer not opr). My rating is also poor yet I have a 66% agreement rate. On the showcase page it offered the chance to improve your rating which I'm assuming is retaking the test, but I'm also lead to believe you only have one chance at that.

An acquaintance of mine went in to the red but after 2 days came back into yellow, he only has a 22% agreement rate though?!

It concerns me that the number of wardrobes, people's houses, piles of leaves etc that are coming through, I'm immediately rejecting and it makes me wonder if people are saying 'yeah 5* he wants a portal at his house' which then makes me look like a bad reviewer for not being in agreement. I would have thought that 66% would at least have me in yellow rather than red though. It's annoying because it feels like all this is for nothing where it not counting towards the recon badge.

• Just to update my status: I simply stopped rating for two days or so and waited for some more agreements with the rest of the people and yesterday i went back to yellow. I don't have any old ratings as i started when Wayfarer started the Beta for PoGo players.

And no, i'm not 5starring everything, i'm probably more critical as the average Ingress reviewer ;)

I'm at 1062 / (295+250+13) = 52.5% at the moment. Was at roughly a bit over 50 when i was in red status.

• My rating went down to great for the first time ever tonight. I was curious on what was coming into the system, so I did some reviews. My heart broke when I saw the rating drop. I kept to the same voting guidelines pre-pogo release. I did find myself rejecting a lot more than normal and had found a lot of duplicates.

This is some of the **** I found.

• yeap, mine went from green to red in 10 mins. Re did the test to reset it to yellow.

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Mine is in yellow after always being in green. Shopping centre signs are not points of interest. There are great pogo portals coming through Moar Portals!!!! ..... but so much dross.

My wayfarer participation is coming to an end I fear.

• Yeah it is just as bad down where I am things that should have been a no have gone through 1 was taken from a car u could only tell as u could see the car in the supporting photo slot of the pogo players are nuts and some even had to question my reviewing as I have been doing it for a long time saying u are wrong if u reject it if there is a person in the photo and u cant see there face and wrong if it is from a car

• Not to mention some of them take pity if there is little portals in town so they say yes and others just say yes to everything I think it will be bad for a few months and they may calm down

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

My rating has dropped to yellow for the first time ever, even though I'm reviewing by the rules. In fact probably because I'm reviewing by the rules while "others" are approving junk. I'm not the only one to experience this.

• McReesingtonMcReesington ✭✭
    edited November 2019

I've not budged from Green since starting, with 775 reviews now. Most of the things that I've seen from eastern Australia have been pretty good too. There is a bit more junk appearing in super remote spots now that the Ingress log is perhaps more cleared out and more pokemon stuff is coming through. Still not the majority. There's a ton of great parks, gazebos, playgrounds, and historical items which have never been submitted. I've seen towns go from completely empty for POIs to increasingly populated over multiple reviews.

Junk is being rejected, my disagreements and duplicates are going up too.

For the post above that says that a shopping centre isn't a POI, why? It's as much as a POI as anything else, even more-so for being somewhere safe, communal, with pedestrian access, shelter, etc. In some areas that's all there is, and they need POIs.

In the past I think Ingress reviewers somewhat made up their own rules and agreed upon them, excluding a great many people from playing in certain areas, but it doesn't really fit with the guidelines that Niantic has laid out and it might be time to unlearn what you had learned, and start focusing on fun, safe, accessible, permanent, etc. Yes people want more gyms and pokestops, why is that being described as a bad thing? That's the whole purpose of the system and why people are doing it. As long as it's not stuff on private property, given dumb names like 'pokemon park', etc, then go have fun making the games more accessible to people, so long as it's somewhere that people can truly play and doesn't straight up break Niantic's rules (emergency services, natural features, etc).

• ZloPsetoZloPseto ✭✭
    edited November 2019

I've just gone from green to red after maybe 15-20 reviewed candidates in one day. Been in the green since day 1 of OPR. This. Is. ****. ****. Reviewed by the book. 1 starred clearly faked portals and utter **** submissions only.

Find attached an example of a "candidate" that I didn't approve.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031689/uploads/678/21K1FJAWNDK3.png There was an error displaying this embed.