Redesign of game mechanics.

GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

We all know the cheating system. A person with two accounts can put 4 modifiers. A person with 8 accounts can make a level 8 portal. Let's think about how to make a system equalizing cheaters with honest agents. Let the portal level no longer be as important as portal additional properties. For example, Let there be many different types of portals. with a wide development tree.

Comments

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

Then is it normal for you that in its present form the game is a paradise for cheaters?

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Preventing multiaccounts is too hard, but it would be easier to just ban those who obviously use them and then let the cheaters fear do some work.

I'm pretty sure the amount would significantly get reduced.

When I say obvious multiacc I'm talking about people who logs with multiple accounts from the same device most of the time and such.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

In my town 1 agent and 2 smartphones in 2 hands is usual situation

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Then outsmart them :)

Wonder how hard is to deal with disambiguation menu when you are paying attention to 2 different scanners 🤔

• One of the things that makes Ingress special is that it really helps to cooperate with teammates. It may be impossible to come up with a game mechanic which maintains that but also doesn’t reward multi accounters. If it’s not impossible I sure can’t think or anything within reason.

• I don’t have any clue what you’re suggesting. “Let the portal levels no longer be as important as portal additional properties.” Are you suggesting we get lvl8 gear out of all portal levels? What do you mean by “different types of portals?” What is a “wide development tree?”