How has your local area changed after Redacted died?

PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm curious to hear from other players in other areas about the effect to local play after Redacted stopped and all players were forced to use Prime.

In my area, players have always come and gone. My only nearby serious opposition quit once he got to level 16. But the bigger city where I work used to be green dominated, and now it seems that all of the formerly very active enl players have quit or are just dabbling.

What's it been like where you are?

Comments

• Absolutely no different may actually lose new players now that nominations are in pogo.

I would always see new accounts popping up and watching them grow to lvl10/12 and then they fall of a cliff. Many now may not even try to play ingress as there only reason to play was for nominations. Niantic will need to make some cool events and tools that can be used in both games to encourage people to play again even if that is to benefit pogo or WU.

• It's the same. Game needs something to attract new players now that Wayfarer is for everyone I feel. But change I can pin on Redacted

• It’s actually picked up a little bit in my area. Been seeing new Agents join and level up all while fighting to make fields and take others down.

• Too much greens quit in Buenos Aires, so boring... 🙄

• I love it when it's the other team dominating gives me a chance to earn some good AP.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

A dead area became deader

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

• Dont care. Can't stand to play it. I only log in to see if they've fixed anything now.

• That's what i like, all green, i just go out and spam xmp everywhere and tons of AP, that's how used to be here, no more now.

Boring ?

Vuelvan sapos! ?

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with this. The decline started long before Redacted was retired.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really changed at all. Maybe a little livelier as certain individuals who use to denominate the area are no longer around as those who don't have the money to be on the road 24/7 or afford a BGAN now have a chance to play.

• RiktigFeilRiktigFeil ✭✭
    edited November 2019

I don't know if this is a change, but my 500k population town is blue blue blue blue fields, I'm green. Green is scattered, like scars, in the blue. The blue has to travel far and find my area if they want to take down a green field. I'm glad I dont live in a massive unchanging green field. But I miss lv 7 and 8 portals, there is never any green visitors who leaves some res 8 in mine. I really really wish that I could set up a message "please build lv 6-7-8 portal here".

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I've notice a small improvement in current game and I'm confident it will grow in time. Some toys have been broken down with Redacted going away and I believe it is related.

It's a beginning :)

• Game hasn't changed for me. Players started leaving about a year or so before Prime was introduced and it's stayed the same since.

• Bueno yo jugue con redacted y eran horas de diversion, pero prime es una copia muy mala de redacted, empezando por la grafica en un dia de sol, no ves nada en la pantalla, mi profesor es nivel 10, pedir un portal no era problema, pero con prime la peticion no se envia, y varios dejaron de jugar

• It hasn't changed at all

We lost one player compared to the redacted time.

But we lost way more players before redacted was introduced, we got a few new agents on both sides but kinda dead in my city