Could Wayfarer bring back Seer Medal?

HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Since the opening of the wayfarer to everyone (pogolv40) I'm getting tons of emails from results of edits and candidates reviews. I had over 25 approvals in the last 2 days, something that before would take at least 3 months. If this keep ups in same ratio, in the next weekend I will have no candidates in review anymore (about 100 in queue).

What do you guys think?

Like if you want Seer back.

Comments

• I think Nia has no more intention to bring it back.

By the way, PoGo Players can now earn a Recon badge

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be nice since now we are competing against pogo players to discover new portals. And Ingress players aren't the sole judge anymore

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Seer should come back imo, i missed it because back then portal submissions was stuck and over a year later i got accepted valid portals because the que was just insane so i missed the bronze medal atleast in seer back then, today i have almost 70 it would be nice to get a silver medal in this for all portals i have got accepted over the years... Strange logic to **** this medal imo..

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm gonna say it: sending portal requests is a pain with Prime now. Is not that is bad or wrong, it's just a pain.

So I think we deserve a medal for that. A real medal, not a badge.

But I guess a badge would be ok too.

:)

• I think everyone has forgotten about all the **** portal submissions because agents were trying to earn the seer badge. The incentive for reviewing portals is so we have more portals.

Please don’t bring back the seer badge.

• I'm gonna say it: sending portal requests is a pain with Prime now. Is not that is bad or wrong, it's just a pain.

@GoblinGranate i wholeheartedly disagree. Submissions with Prime is a major upgrade over Redacted for these reasons:

1) I can take my primary and supporting photos while on my walks, then submit my candidates when i get home. This means i don't have to sit in one spot and type out my description and supporting statements and make sure my pin is accurate; i can just keep on moving and worry about that part later.

2) having the supporting photo has effectively eliminated the need to submit photo spheres, which was a major PITA.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you didn't get my point, none of those parameters are "Optional".

It takes longer to request. For players like me who don't have much time to stop, is not such a good improvement.

Of course, if you are at home, is way better now, just take the pictures and request from home later. Also, it's much better for reviewers to accept without wasting too much time, but several times the support picture/comment is not necessary if google already shows it.

In summary, quality improved in order to easily review, but the requesting time increased significantly. That is why I said "a pain": is good but is a pain. And that's why I think a badge is deserved :D

Don't you agree?

• Don't you agree?

no, i don't agree that it is a "pain", although i do agree the process takes slightly more time. not a significant increase. and no, i don't think a badge is deserved just for submitting portals. You already get enough benefit from getting portals approved...MORE PORTALS TO USE

• Seer and the number of portals required for the upper badges was a huge mistake. It totally clogged the review system with garbage. Anyone who worked on that back log when opr first opened can attest.

There's a badge for reviewing, that's good. I do wish there were inventive for experienced reviewers to continue doing so after they hit onyx. Upgrades worked well, but that tapered off after everyone cleared their personal backlog of submissions.

I'd love something like a passcode for every x number of reconciliations. Also throws rural players a bone by giving them another means to earn gear. If disrupting the gear economy is a concern just pay us in cubes.

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always wondered if we've really seen the end of the Seer badge. Niantic has once before retroactively awarded portal discoveries to count toward the Seer badge, so perhaps it could happen again at some point. If they did make Seer a live badge again, there would be an increase in garbage submissions for sure, but I don't think the system would be as inundated as it was years ago. Seer would only be a motive for Ingress players and there are certainly a lot less people playing Ingress now than in 2015-16, and with PoGo players now there is a larger pool of reviewers to handle an increased volume of submissions.