Contrast: Map view from inside a field

1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in App Feedback (Archive)

So we just covered our city with a BAF and that's how it looks like from inside for me.

High lighting dynamics...

Low lighting dynamics...

Links are of some weird color... XM is invisible... Player radius is invisible... Some weird artifacts as strings of white-ish pixels...

Burster effects are invisible...

I have no other comments rather than that it's utterly unacceptable. How much time should pass yet for contrast to be fixed? Niantic please do something finally so I'm able to see things!

Android 8.1

Prime 2.35

Samsung Galaxy J7 2016

Comments

• raba1derraba1der ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Let me point out something showing the opposite. The new increased XM visibility makes it very hard to see uncaptured portals.

iPhone XS with iOS 13.2.2 and automatic dynamic lighting enabled on 2.35.2.

I don’t know what the solution is here but visibility of uncaptured portals and XM visibility still need some work. At least in fully zoomed out mode which is the way I play 90% of the time

Post edited by raba1der on
  • 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

@raba1der Jeez.. it's like we're playing on 2 completely different apps...

• Might I suggest two solutions:

Textured fields.

Xm moving in wave pattern.

If a texture with open areas was used to denote fields, anything underneath would be at least partially visible.

With XM swaying in wave motions, it would be instantly possible to tell the difference between portals, and XM.

As an added bonus, it would look more like classic ingress, and some of us Redacted fans might have less reason to dislike prime.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

neutral portals is hard too see still.

• Everything is hard to see still.

• There is even a big difference between the 'size' of P6 and P7.

If I care about the level of a portal I select it to have a look, no need for such a big difference in the images - which leaves unclaimed an P1 almost invisible unless the map is rotated so far you can see what might link where.