2.35.2 - Portals still not in alphabetical order

This is really frustrating. It's been broken for five months now, and I'm not aware that anyone from Niantic has even acknowledged the problem.

Tagged:

Comments

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Hope Niantic fix it soon!

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Sometimes it even works.But i can confirm this bug exists and is annoying enough.So i'll wait for fix too(for me alphabetic order was the only way to charge portals while moving somewhere)

• I never thought that keys was ment to be in alphabetical order. I always thought they was the closest to you work outwards.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

Question, is it always wrong or only when they are a level 1 or neutral portal ?

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a button on the screenshot that says either name or distance. You can choose what to sort by.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a stretch... no, portal level is irrelevant.

When you start up the scanner, keys are correctly in order. One way to trigger this is just to go through your keys alphabetically and charge each one. At some point maybe 5-10 minutes after you started, you'll exit the portal you're currently charging and suddenly the key carousel has completely different keys in it from the ones that were on there when you entered the portal to charge it (in fact, the portal you were charging probably isn't even on the screen any more). The ordering has no pattern, and moreover changes from minute to minute. I'll probably never be able to generate the above screenshot again, because they'll be in a different order next time.

• I cannot reproduce this immediately at home, may be I need to do something first (move?) to see this bug. But I've also seen weird sorting by distance when recharged during long bus trip. Distance to portals changed in may ways, but list was never re-sorted completely, only position of some portals in the list changed randomly. Finally all portals were reordered in some weird unsorted way.

Also I've noticed another sorting glitch which may be or may be not related to your problem:

• Open a capsule (keylocker) and select "Sort by name". Keys will be sorted by name. OK.
    • Close the capsule and open it again.
    • The sort button again says "Distance" and keys are again sorted by distance. It may look OK (designed to reset to "Distance" mode), but...
    • Click on the sort button. The check mark is near word "Name"!

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

Ive never managed to replicate the issue myself but have seen threads on here before about it, but yours are the first pictures ive seen.

• I get the sorting bug randomly, it seems to be as random as many other issues I get with Prime. Only seems to happen after a wee while of playing without a restart, so maybe some kind of memory bug. Really annoying because it means I need to restart, which takes up about 10 minutes....

• aenarielaenariel ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Same problem here.

In this particular case, this portal is in the place of a new portal that was approved and for which I got the key.

• Also the same problem in the keylockers, also regulary crashing using the keylockers

• Same problem. And usually Ingress Prime stops working shortly afterwards.

• I have this issue evey time I am sorted by name. My partner has the same issue. We both recharge around 250 unique keys daily and we have had portals decay to **** because thye just never appear in our list as we scroll through the keys. I usually can't make it through more than about 10 keys before the order resets again. Of my many complaints with Prime, this is the most annoying.

I have been playing since beta and have 986 million recharged my partner has almost 1.3 billion so we are fairly used to recharging. The sort order in Prime just makes it incredibly frustrating to keep track of what still needs recharged.

• Always worth checking the portal name to ensure it doesn't have a space as the first character. Hard to tell sometimes.