What do you think about Busgressing???

"So was it the bus?"

drthod.com/chicago-anomaly-a-closer-look-at-the-scores/

Discuss! 

Tagged:

Comments

• The busses followed him though

• The metro in Madrid was pretty good too. Blasting and capturing from 50 feet underground was very cool.

• Nice way to **** some time while commuting, but may be frustrating if you can't reach some portal or do a proper job on time.

• Pleasant way to **** some time while commuting, but may be frustrating when you can't reach a portal or do a proper job on time.

• The horror, res defeated with a tactic that enl used earlier in another anomaly where they won, it was no biggie that time and totally legit according to all frogs.....it’s just a clever tactic and use of al the possible things that can be used within the rules of the anomaly.

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

@Shockwave0072 agreed. I was saddened to see many ENL players calling RES players "cheats" for using the same tactic they did in Nuremberg.

Seems they feel when they use a tactic, it's "clever", but when RES do it, it's "cheating".

*shrug*

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

@Majeye I dont think they even knew about Nuremberg to be honest. All of my ENL anomaly friends I've spoken to about Chicago tip their hats to the res pulling out the win and not being sore losers.

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

@Zenn that is great to hear! Always good to hear when agents from either side can set aside their differences and congratulate the other team for pulling out a win.

The anomaly that was held here in Minneapolis (my home town), ENL pulled out the win there, though disheartening, it was still a lot of fun for everyone involved, and I congratulated all the ENL agents I saw. It was well fought from both teams.

• What is that thing with the bus ? I haven't followed that story... The RES used a bus to win at the last hours ?

• GargishGargish ✭✭✭

I like to do busgressing, but I think it should not be a requirement to win an anomaly. Luckily European anomaly cities with their street layout and pedestrian zones make this pretty useless. The playzone in Chicago was ideal for driving through with buses and cars and I guess other U.S. cities are similar. I think Explorer challenge cannot be used again in future anomalies, or at least not in this winner takes all form.

• MadReliqueMadRelique ✭✭✭

The minute unique hacks came into play using mass transit became a necessity for victory. I was sort of surprised that the ENL party bus wasn't utilized for that purpose during the anomaly, because that's what I would have done after seeing the number of car team vans RES had during Recursion Prime Austin.

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

I don't think the RES Chicago win was entirely due to the bussing.

It was probably more due to using the Darsana Lens we had at the ready at the proper time.

• JorgeLocoJorgeLoco ✭✭✭

Notwithstanding the arguments about it related to Chicago, I don't see a problem with playing Ingress while on a bus. Especially in large cities with high portal density, busses are the efficient way to maximize uniques as well as generally get good churn / turnover on competitive routes.

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

@JorgeLoco agreed... plus it beats cargress from a safety standpoint, for drivers at least. I have ridden city busses simply to play ingress before... going no where in particular other than to simply be on the bus and got off where i started - hours later. Just sit on that thing and focus. Saves gas.

goddamnit. its perfect.

we charter party busses around where i live. Pile it high with Enl and just roll around drinking, singing god awful songs and wrecking house. I am down for busses in all forms. 🤩

• JorgeLocoJorgeLoco ✭✭✭

@Majeye On the Chicago situation, I think slightly better deployment of team movement helped Resistance on the unique hack front. It was a ridiculously close anomaly (something like a 4 point difference?)

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

We've done Ingress in a Minivan, being what we would call a "Rolling P8." A group of agents all riding together can be absolutely devastating — and a LOT of fun. :D

• JorgeLocoJorgeLoco ✭✭✭

@Sonicgott Agreed. Exercise good judgment re: the driver of course, but I imagine a load of pirates on a boat going up and down streets on a raiding party haha

@JorgeLoco The driver is the only one who isn't using their device (except when parked).

• JorgeLocoJorgeLoco ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

@Sonicgott I also have nothing against a passenger handling the driver's phone while the driver is driving, generally speaking.

• CriminalBizzyCriminalBizzy ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone actually read the article posted by @Chicken3gg ? Its actually a well written analysis.

• MadReliqueMadRelique ✭✭✭

@Majeye unique hacks are what put RES over since it was an all or nothing. Everything else essentially evened the score.

• VasatiVasati ✭✭✭

Busgressing is great if you want to get out and play without having to waste money on gas or try to find some obscure place you've never been to before. Plus a bike can only get you so far before you're exhausted, but taking the bus (at least here), you can put your bike on the bus and then head to a destination that is some distance away that you'd be exhausted when you got there if you had to bike the whole way.

@HonestEl I've taken the bus quite frequently myself.