Portal Credits

Is there any recompense we can claim if we can prove we submitted a portal first, the portal gets the random rejection notice

"Your Portal submission has been reviewed and based on the votes from the Niantic’s player community, we have decided not to accept this candidate."

and then a month later the same portal candidate shows up in OPR (via another agent) and then goes live in game?

I know generic email says to "resubmit" if I feel its a good portal but its almost like another agent is stealing my portal candidates (esp in most recent one as description is nearly word for word what I wrote and picture is simply reversed angle)

Tagged:

Comments

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

The other agent's nomination was better and more helpful to the reviewers so they get credit

• My thoughts on this are, if you truly like your portal photo more, add it to the portal.

However your Portals Discovered Number doesn't mean anything & If your goal was for that portal to be created. That goal has been met. in this case an agent that wasn't yourself got the portal through. So I'm sure you will still be able to use the portal.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31

Do we even get 500AP for photos anymore? I got a prime submitted photo added to a portal last night and it didn't even mention AP like redacted did.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31

I actually had my own submission upgraded that got limbo'd that another agent submitted as well. I gave their submission a fair grade of 5* for a athletic sports court. My mine got approved they will get photo credit. Even though I got the 1000AP I did the upgrade as the submission I made was in outstanding limbo votes for 4 months. I did it to knock two subs out of the system so others could get voted on not so I could get the AP. I could care less about the AP just wanting to bring online portals and the other agent wanted the portal as well. I have seen other cases where months old submissions lock others from being voted on. I got a baseball field approved and shortly after my field was approved after 4 months limbo as well I get a recreation center in the same park to vote on.

• Its more just a psychological thing I suppose, the AP value and free Key is really not worth much...

I play in a smaller town so the fact that 3 agents (incl myself) have basically built the portal network is bragging rights (I mean yeah there are a few one offs, but I don't think any other agents in town have more than 10 successful adds) so it bugs me when valid portals get rejected