Ingress 2.35.2 Release Notes

Comments

• Still freezing 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Jesus, is the ground xm visibility issue over for the boomers yet? Because my god, for me it already looked ridiculously overdone in previous iterations. And now, ground xm visibility doesn't seem to respond to dynamic lighting settings anymore. Is this intended behavior?

Stop it already.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Well,what do we have.Firstly,now an "error connection with store" message appears on start.Then,inventory lags a bit because of store(i'd like to have an option to disable it).Also few bugs,eg sometimes Portal can be not in center of screen while recharging.Or my gf had a strange duplicated screen UI(photo attached,sorry for bad quality).Seems count in scores still sometimes laggy.And freezes/FC during active recharging(i think it's a memory leak somewhere).And a "aware surroundings" notification,it's only English.

Oh,and alerts,they still may "not be",still no "ingame sound"(problem for AOSP 7 and below) and still can load upto 30sec in comm/notifications after push message arrived(sometimes it's even faster to find key than wait when notification chat will refresh)(yes,that ruins defensive actions).

Anyway,thanks for an update!

Post edited by DSktr on
  • >UI: Added help text to indicate why a portal link cannot be created, ex. “Outbound portal link limit reached” and “Linking not possible while under field.”

it's a small thing, but thanks for this :)

• Very choppy indeed, the FPS drops from 30/60 to around 4 when store carousel is active

• Still getting random crashes,

Like this and various other deadlocks.

• For what it's worth, I enjoy Ingress so much, I would jump at a reasonably priced opt-in subscription without any additional benefit to gameplay. I understand the gravity of the sustainability situation, as I think most do given what we know of game-specific player bases, and for that reason in itself would be happy to voluntarily contribute to the ecosystem. I understand that a more structured system with mild in-game benefits would likely be a more sustainable model, but voluntarily cheap/tiered subscriptions are still potentially a lot more than nothin'

I mean hey; there's no direct gameplay buff to recursion, but recursing has caught on pretty well! ^_^

• Great update, cheers!

• Out of my complaints, only this one has been fixed:

8. In Activities/Chat/Alerts, I have X in a circle at the bottom covering messages.

Still slow, still takes forever to load anything. Even with Prime running, by the time it finally shows me the message with my portal being attacked, that portal could be taken out already.

Sorting by name still doesn't work, and that's really annoying, to have to restart Prime every time I get out of key list back to the map, even by accident.

For vibration - I was hoping they would allow to set intensity. Instead, they made none/default/all options. But that's fine, I can live with that.

Adding store to inventory sucks. Store is what I can buy, Inventory is what I have. Don't mix the two.

I agree that tapping anywhere on the map to go to previous screen is more of annoyance than feature,

I also agree that ADA saying "Link possible" mean just that - that you can throw a link, not that you should stop and check to see if you really can throw a link. Maybe we should give Niantic a dictionary so that they learn what "public" and "possible" mean 😄

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

UX: Updated default vibration settings and added Vibration slider to Settings menu

Woohoo! I can glyph hack as the heavens intended, without everything else going *bzzz bzz bzzzz*.

• ItsutsumeItsutsume ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

You must be one lucky son of a gun 😄

But yes, forgot to add that, the message is annoying. Can't we have it on the screen while Prime loads up, like it was with Redacted? Considering how long it takes Prime to load, everyone will have a chance to ponder over the message 😄

• @Chicken3gg we use crowd-sourced translations and I can change "Kraftverstärker" to "Force Amp" in the German-language version. Is there a better German translation, or is "Force Amp" preferred?

What are the other missing or inaccurate translations you're seeing? Thank you for the heads up.

• Hay un bug que cuando cambias códigos el escáner se queda trabado y no te notifica lo que el código te ha dado.

• KomedioDramatKomedioDramat ✭✭
    edited November 2019

There's an issue in polish version of Prime, the first one (overlapping required medals position on shortcut "wym" ) is from the very beginning of Prime, and the second one, weird {0} showed up after today's update, so please fix it.

• @Toxoplasmolly the three featured bundles in the inventory carousel are currently the three top-purchased items on the Store. I can change the Fracker 25-pack to a smaller, less expensive bundle. We're also aware that the load out card preview is limited to displaying 4 items, and will make adjustments to what items are featured here.

• @EvilSuperHeros I realize it takes longer to manually acknowledge and dismiss the safety message, but we need to include them. The language and tap to acknowledge behavior is something you may have seen on other Niantic games.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

One more thing,idk if this is a bug or what,sometimes app stuck on "location acquired" with planet still spinning,then i can see that error from store and...all,planet keeps spinning like looking for location.One restart on my Moto Z2 solved that,but it was pretty annoying on my old Redmi 4x.