Speed lock causing Prime to be unplayable between portals

Summary of issue: Speed lock settings on Prime make it impossible to drive even less than a mile at under 30 mph and interact with portals, even when safely parked.

Device: Pixel

App Version (Settings > Scroll to the bottom): 2.29.2

I'm trying to fully switch to Prime in the past few days, where up until now I have used Redacted when in the car and Prime while walking. In 3 days, I have been speedlocked 4 times and unable to play, and waiting more than a minute is just not reasonable for agents. I just drive away and give up and am likely to play less than 50% as often as I was before.

To be clear, this is not happening while the car is in motion. The first time,I was trying to fire on a portal at the end of my commute. I was pulled over and parked, and had driven about 20 minutes and 8 miles since interacting with a portal at work. The popup error message is empty and no help to the user. I drove 2 blocks further, again pulled over and parked, and still couldn't fire.

A day later, I interacted with a portal that I have played hundreds of times, then drove 0.8 miles, under 40 mph, to the next portal in the neighborhood. Again, pulled over and parked as I have done hundreds of times but could not hack or attack the portal. I opened redacted and was immediately able to play again.

Today I followed the same route I have used for weeks, hacked a portal near home, commuted 8.5 miles in approximately 25 minutes (averaging under 20 miles per hour!). Again, pulled over and parked safely before trying to hack a portal. Was unable to interact with any portals within a few blocks, even after multiple tries. We need an alternative to this speed lock setting if we can't drive around the neighborhood, even if not interacting with Ingress while the car is moving.

When will we have feature parity with Redacted's setting for this?

Comments

• I also want to comment here on Speedlock problems with Prime.

Like @Twesla I am trying to move to prime full time.

One route I drive home is 25km

Along this 25km the speed limit is 80km/h with a realistic travel speed of 95km/h There are 10 portal stops I make.

With Redacted this 25km drive takes 31 minutes. each portal usually requires me to be stopped for 1 minute before I can cap/hack

today I tried it with Prime, I only interacted with 5 of the 10 portals because I was at 74 minutes and was going to be late for dinner. 2 portals I gave up and switched to redacted to deploy on because at 11 minutes my speed lock still had not gone away. the other 3 portals took 5min, 7min and 7min to actually allow me to interact with the Portal. This is making the game almost unplayable as a rural player. I have MANY portal stretches where the portals are 1-3km apart on a road that has a speed limit of 80km/h.

We need some sort of solution for speed locking. with upwards of 2 minutes for Prime boot up and be playable on a Galaxy Note 8, shutting the app down between each portal is also a pain.

• I too have this issue. I hack the portal near my house, then minimize Ingress during my commute, I attempt to hack the portal near my office (which I used to have no issue with and still have no issue on redacted) but Prime will not let me hack, or attack if it is blue. This drive is about 7 miles, 10-15 minutes

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Speed lock in Prime has been an issue for 11months

Better now than it was.

Hoping that it will be properly, fixed.

Though I have been wondering if the new Speed lock code is deliberately left this way

• This is probably my biggest gripe with Prime. I've done a bit of traveling by train recently and can't even interact with portals when stopped at each station because the speed lock is so punishing. Unlike with the previous scanner it doesn't even matter that I haven't taken a single action since leaving my home - the mere fact of my velocity is enough to trigger the lock and prevent taking even a single action.

• edited November 2019

They've mentioned that this is being looked into for maybe the next release, so it's been recognised.

For me it seems to be better on traingressing than Redacted, but only if you keep the scanner open, and do not browse the internet for example between stops.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

the speed lock is fixed in the upcoming update hopefully.

• Just upgraded prime this morning, 2.35.2, Android, and the speed lock still there.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic only fix quick fix. They working on the speedlock bug in every update to Niantic fix it 100%

• Gave this a try on the school run this morning and it appeared to fixed for me insofar as I could keep Prime in the background then open it and play relatively quickly (okay, so it had to load the cell, but that's no great hardship). Will try it out a few more times today.