November 2019 Ingress AMA Question Thread

Comments

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

Is Niantic going to Promote Ingress, to attract new players? Is there already a campaign out in the world I am not aware of, that we can help promote or raise the profile of?

• Hi Andrew!!!

Happy Belated Halloween!! May the XM be around you!!! ☺️☺️☺️

So!! Lasagna at Thanksgiving?? 😂😂😊😊 Or a big Ole Turkey or Ham??

😊😊😊😊

• I’d totally spend a buck or two to permanently change my cursor on the map into something like the toast again. Any plans to make something like that available in the in-app store?

• Heya,

Are there plans to make the game easier if you're going solo most of the time, as, I'm kinda annoyed that I spent an hour and a half destroying portals just to run out of XMP bursters because the person that owned the portals charged them right as you thought you'd have them down

But seriously, I wholeheartedly love this game, but I believe it should receive some buffs to the lower-class people, and some nerfs to the higher-class people.

• greekempiregreekempire ✭✭
    edited November 2019

I asked this before Andrew actually and the response was that you would get back about it but I never got a response. Does using ADA/Jarvis on a unique portal increase the Unique Portals Captured counter? We've had diferred results in the past and a definitive answer would solve a long-lasting questionmark. Thank you

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Any way to get access to that super secret beta program of yours? I wanna test and break Prime 😏

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems like the Badge levels for things like OPR Live and Intel Ops (and the others that were introduced at the same time) are nigh impossible, because they are not available every series. Any chance those levels will be adjusted down?

• Last month a question was asked about adding Bahamas to the US Review area, which was viewed as not possible based on the data used to define national areas.

Would the Wayfarer developers consider defining a pan-national review queue for undeserved areas that could incorporate several smaller countries that share a language affinity that people could join? I would guess the English Caribbean could probably benefit being so geographically dispersed and there are probably several other language groups where ex-pats could help out if they were interested.

• Any thoughts on making fields and link textures? Right now both are just plain colours. Redacted had a very good texture, and there actually was a feature on the linking texture, you could distinguish between outgoing and ingoing link. Prime is "boring", especially on the main point of the game: fields. It should be more rewarding than just a plain green/blue triangle i guess.

• Dear Andrew,

Who would win in a fight between Godzilla, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, and a Lvl 8 portal with two aegis + force amp + turret?

• My account has become unplayable since the ban wave on Xiaomi phones .. cant take in-game actions my phone is Redmi 5 miui 10.3.2.0 and my account is unplayable

Please niantic support look into this issue cannot play since july

• HavokTHavokT ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Portals should be able to be edited from location if the current location is incorrect.

Do not know why you would want a portal in a certain place that is maybe 200 meters away from its original location.

Location edits are legit if used right. Otherwise you always have the appeal page to submit a return of location if the location edit was done on purpose and the new location is incorrect offcourse with evidence that it is. 😉

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Since we probably won't get answers until near December, what is on your Christmas Wish List this year?

• Community development:

Have thought of having a way to send notifications when a new player starts in you area (or when a retired player comes back)?

This would be useful to say hello when they are playing.

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

Any news on when Ingress 2.35 might be released? And a more general question, what is the current release schedule for Ingress? Is it every two weeks, or is it slowing down? I am relatively happy with the feature set, but would like to see improvements to stability and a fix to the speed lock issue. (Which may be fixed in 2.35)

• Hi Andrew!

Can we please have a section on BANNER MISSIONS on the Niantic Community Page Please 😊😊😊😊😊♥️♥️♥️♥️ I will make my scrumtious Garlic Cheese Bread for you, if you can get a section for us, please 😊😊😊♥️♥️♥️

With Thanks and Kindness,

Anastacia 😊😊😊

• Is there any chance to tweak Ingress Prime to NOT draw so much power on startup. It crashes my phone with new battery? I think that this animation **** it.

This discussion has been closed.