November 2019 Ingress AMA Question Thread

Comments

• Seeing this a lot on OPR?

Swing set's, slides, Jungle Jim's **** bars Sandbox and other play grounds objects. Instant reject?

• Wayfarer:

Are images that clearly show the candidate, but is shot at nighttime and thus surroundings might be less prominent acceptable?

Do Urban trail markers make good portals on the same level as the ones on trails? Some examples:

• IshiraIshira ✭✭✭✭✭

I was wondering what happened with the glyph challenge? It seems to have stopped abruptly and many are wondering why and if artwork from the last one was chosen?

• With trail markers it seemed before wayfarer that the guidelines had been relaxed due to a wide variety of types of trail markers being very basic, but still contributing to outdoor activities, exploration, and exercise. May we go back to the former requirements where distance markers were acceptable and the trail name wasn’t required because that seems to eliminate most trail markers?

• Seeing this a lot on OPR

Swing set's, slides, Jungle Jim's **** bars Sandbox and other play grounds objects. Instant reject?

• When will the 2020 Mission Day application form be available? I got ideas!

• When can we expect to see a turnaround in active agent numbers?

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

@kholman1 might have already asked this but the guidelines still state that military base portals should be rejected if obstructing emergency services. Users are still submitting things in neighborhoods/museums/gathering places on base because there is nothing in the guides saying not to. We know from your August AMA that they should be rejected regardless of other criteria. If that stance has not changed can this be edited into the guidelines with a note that existing base wayspots are ok?

• We would love some clarification on whether an item on the exterior garden wall of a property should be flagged as PRP, such as a mural, Little Free Library, or Postbox. If intended to be used/viewed by the public and touchable from a public sidewalk, would that make it acceptable despite the garden wall/fence belonging to the property owners? Thank you.

• For the last 2 months I saw 9 spoofers in Intel and send 11 reports to the support. 7 accounts was banned, 2 is still on fly (for that accounts I duplicated my reports just in case). How can I protect myself and local community from in-game influence of that spoofers?

• HavokTHavokT ✭✭✭

Number 3 in my opinion is a valid candidate.

We in the Netherlands have had this discussion too, for most the bigger intersections (bike/walk) Network get approved while the smaller signs are not worthy.

The below pictures are seens as acceptable

"Wandelroute Knooppunt" main intersection of different walk route with number like in this example Knooppunt 12

"Fietsroute netwerk #" big cycling intersections with a number.

• There a suggestion to wayfarer.

Will it be possible to updates the rules every month according to AMA answers?

From the beginning of OPR a tombstone less than 50 years old would be eligible but now according to currents rules it's not eligible anymore because it should the tomb of someone important for the local community. Wayfarer website shows the example of Elvis Presley tomb as eligible. So I am wondering if the tomb of former french president Jacques Chirac is eligible. I think he had a great impact for people's for lived in Paris (mayor for 17 years) and Europe as French président for 12 years.

Thanks for the clarification.

• BlaumutBlaumut ✭✭✭✭

Portal appeal category has beer redesigned in the forum. Before the modifications, we had a post with the template for the portal appeals. Could you ask to add it again?

• I've seen cases in Wayfarer where it looks like the decoding of the JPG from the Submitter's phone isn't read properly by the system and colours of the pictures get inverted. Other times I've seen Wayfarer present a Submission to review with no picture, despite being refreshed several times, logging in and out, etc.

How can these types of problems be flagged by Reviewers so that Development can review these cases and see if the system needs improvement?

• When something is eligible, it MAY be a wayspot or it MUST be a wayspot?

• GargishGargish ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Looking at the list of Mission Days and especially the situation in Europe it seems Niantic is abandoning standalone Mission Days. Is there a problem with Niantic having to invest too much work to coordinate Mission Days, and if so, what could be done to streamline the process (for example, just use the Missions the local POCs already edit in the Mission Creation Tool or automatically check Missions for completion for players who RSVPed)? Will the situation change in 2020 and can we expect new standalone Mission Days?

• Good Evening Andrew!

Is there any timeframe or even on the list to make Prime playable with slow internet (<7,2Mbit/s) connection?

• Thanks for making it possible to see how the portal candidates are evaluated! It helps me becoming better at nominating new portals. A lot of times though there are evaluations that are really off. For example an "infosign" gets rejected as a "generic store or restaurant", even though the "infosign" is about something completely different. I accept constructive critiques of my nomination, but this is so random. Is it a bug? If not, what is the best action we take to stop these "sloppy" OPR-users from doing this? Friends of mine and I have contacted support, but it hasn't seemed to change anything.

• Hello Andrew,

the recent court case settlement regarding PokeGo indicates that opening hours for public parks will need to be indicated on a company webpage. Can you comment on your perception if this condition will require implementation in ingress for portals with limited access hours (eg portals in areas used for military firing ranges)? To use the same ‘approach’ across all games and across all countries? Just to minimise the risk of future cases being brought against ingress and make sure we can enjoy it for decades to come.

• 9966699666 ✭✭✭

We have few Mission Day&NL1331 events this year,especially NL events.what will NIA consider to hold more events?

Also,early in 2019,when Ethan was interviewed by BTSC to talk about some prospect of NL-1331,he said:"I think my dream scenario is to have several vans running in parallel with each other with several different pilots while I coordinate events from HQ."So how is it going?

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

How were the levels for the different tiers for the original medals decided?

• Hey, Andrew! Is there going to be a way to get investigate.ingress back up or put into a searchable format? Or possible turned into a volume like the first 4?

And what is to gain from helping Nemesis?

• Hi Andrew,

Question from one of our local players. With the apparent upcoming removal of waypoints, would Niantic consider converting any waypoint that is not already a portal to a portal? Local OPR could deal with duplicates if Niantic couldn't find an easy to prevent duplicate portals.

This discussion has been closed.