November 2019 Ingress AMA Question Thread

Comments

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Lately, there has been a rash of "appeals" in Portal Appeals that are in fact first time reports, either because the person reporting the portal(s) found them on the Intel Map or through Wayfarer. Sometimes, these "appeals" get accepted or rejected, other times, they are declared invalid with no seeming consistency. Is it appropriate to make a first time report through Portal Appeals or must it be submitted through the scanner first? What about cases where the one trying to report the portal cannot get within range for the portal to show up on their scanner?

• Good evening from the UK, we appreciate you rotating the times so we get a chance to ask this month! I have an Wayfarer question - should we be mindful to avoid approving nominations which may affect vulnerable people? For example a community centre for adults with learning difficulties, or a historic plaque on an elderly nursing/care home.

• As there is officially a problem with seeing portals in the max zoom, to submit new Missions / Banners, do you have any update on when this could be solved ?

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

With the launch of the Wayfarer website, will there also be a separate app for Wayfinders to use along with a comprehensive map of all accepted Wayspots?

• Hi! I’ve been bitten by a dog during my holliday, could we make a medal for those who needs to go to hospital because of ingress? (I was walking 5 km with my foots to find the only portal near me, just to not lost the sojourner)

indeed it must be justificate by a medical certificat or anything that could probe that it is really appened.

thank you!

• Has there been a change in the way OPR upgrades are moved up the priority queue? Many agents have noticed a increase in the processing time for upgrades compared to when upgrades first came out.

• M1chaeIM1chaeI ✭✭✭✭

I'll ask again, for a +1 on the amount of times it's been asked: Will we have another event similar to Schloss Kaltenberg/Camp Navarro next year?

And could I request a home portal such that I can **** my Tecthulhu (Raspberry Pi) from Schloss Kaltenberg to it and have LED strips in the color of the resonators/faction in my room?

• M1chaeIM1chaeI ✭✭✭✭

I'll ask again, for a +1 on the amount of times it's been asked: Will we have another event similar to Schloss Kaltenberg/Camp Navarro next year?

And could I request a home portal such that I can **** my Tecthulhu (Raspberry Pi) from Schloss Kaltenberg to it and have LED strips colour in the color of the resonators/faction in my room?

• M1chaeIM1chaeI ✭✭✭✭

And could I request a home portal such that I can **** my Tecthulhu (Raspberry Pi) from Schloss Kaltenberg to it and have LED strips colour in the color of the resonators/faction in my room?

• I. OPR Guidelines:

1. For a populated country like India, if unrecognizable Faces are found in the submitted candidate can we accept such Submissions?

e.g: Large Famous Temples where there is always a large gathering.

2. For a populated country like India, if undistinguishable license plates are visible in the submitted candidate accidentally can we accept such Submissions?

e.g: many two wheeler often get parked outside parks or temples and it sometimes becomes impossible to take a photo of the sign board and the surrounding without having a few vehicles come into the field of view.

3. Many well known smart phone Companies have an automatic Water Marks on their photos. Few Submissions which have only the phone model of brand name as watermarks, where the submitter is non identifiable. Can we accept these? Do we have leniency in such rural Submissions?

For e.g: Watermarks like "Shot on OnePlus", "Shot on PoCo".

4. How are we defining a rural setup, how much portal density would we consider it to be rural, thus showing liniency in OPR in such areas.

e.g: Do 10 portals in a 5km radius count as rural?

5. Submissions made while in a vehicle, if the photo is clear and is a valid portal. Can we accept such Submissions? (This can help in rural submissions)

e.g: The Submission seems perfect but the car dashboard is slightly visible in the bottom right. As long as the Submission and the details are correct and the portal is valid, can we not accept these portals?

II. Game Related:

1. If a feature where unique portals can have a distinct glow be introduced in Prime. Would help and motivate people on Working towards their unique badge.

2. Any AP incentive for Reviewers or InGame currency for every set number of agreements?

All other InGame activity awards AP and the medal, can this one too?

• M1chaeIM1chaeI ✭✭✭✭

• edited November 2019

Hi Andrew

Do you intend to give a chance to agents who have failed the opr test twice?

• Hello, Andrew! Tell me, is it possible to send video for the artwork FS media contest like this https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/1980/ingress-first-saturday-artwork-competition? We at IngressUnite (t.me/IngressUnite) would love to do this, but we don't know if we can do it. Thank you in advance!

• Are there any plans to minimize the impact on one faction being greatly outnumbered by the other at Anomalies?

This discussion has been closed.