November 2019 Ingress AMA Question Thread

RedSoloCupRedSoloCup ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in Ask Me Anything (AMAs)

Rules: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/1306/ama-rules

It is the first Monday of November.

• Ask your questions in this thread related to Ingress.
  • At some point, in the near future, I'll close this thread once critical mass has been reached.
  • I'll then curate the questions and work with our teams internally to answer as many as we can.
  • It can take a little as two days or as long as two weeks to publish the responses. 

Make sure you read the rules. Once you do that, ask your questions!

Post edited by NianticOfficial on

Comments

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

Recently, Niantic Wayfarer Reviewing was accidentally released worldwide for Level 40 Pokemon Go Players. However, not all level 40 players had access to it, only a subset could log in. Will this mysterious limited access criteria be used when Waypoint Submitting and Reviewing is rolled out to regions where the games are more popular? If not, would they consider this so the transition to having more than just Ingress players involved isn't as extreme?

• Scanner Communication Error 1?

• BGracaBGraca ✭✭✭

When do we have an Anomaly Event here in Lisbon? What can we do to make it possible? Thank you.

• I really appreciate the fact that Niantic extended GDPR protections to non-EU citizens; thank you for taking an expansive stance on privacy. In the New Year, California's CCPA privacy legislation goes into effect. Can you comment on whether or not Niantic will extend some or all of the protections due to California residents to non-Californians? (I recognize you may not be able to comment on this since it's a legal question.)

• Are there any restrictions for the submission of Mission Days at the moment?

This discussion has been closed.