Subscriptions in Ingress

Comments

• 42N342N3 ✭✭✭

Just increase the already wasted space below the main menu button and place ads there... Ingress Prime Pro without ads 5 bucks/month😜

• Is great idea, is hepful the compagny.

No avantage in game , but is better :

• create home portal during the subscription , no linkable, no visible to others users
    • 30 slots submission portals and cooldown in 7 days
    • more keylocks, more media lock
    • Custom avatar
    • Special capsule visible only to a specified agent.
    • Free anomaly onsite and offsite
    • unlimited mission Creator.
  • A badge and maybe a little gear is what Brian said is being thought of

You don't have to buy if you don't want to, and it isn't sounding pay to win at all so far.

• You have already had at least one account banned for spoofing. I don't think you need to worry about "teleporting" anything.

• If it was mandatory, absolutely.

Sounding very optional right now though.

I do really want the servers to be more consistently solid nonetheless. Suffers globally around FS time this month and the last one

• Common items; 7200 CMU for an FS gets you 130 items (100 X R1 & 10 chs) so maybe 50 CS, 10 CHS, 10 CMH. Just a thought.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

For a short-time Implementation, just incremented badge and a handful of beacons with an exclusive logo

• I really like this idea

• Thinking of Niantic's other games and what I spend money on there I came up with a few ideas.

1 storage.

Probably one of the biggest issues is more storage (how many of us have 5 to 6 key capsules.?) Many agents would pay for more storage. First problem with it would be that it could become "pay to win" if the 2k item cap isn't kept. Balance is in jepordy.

Solution: Storage Locker

Fee based storage limited access. The day to day inventory could be kept at 2k but have a Storage locker thst either is tied to a physical location (this could only be accessed by and seen by the person who owns it) or it is timer based in its access.

I like the idea of being able to have a place where I could put all my non anomoly items so I could go gear up for a big event.

2 ways to access (either or)

1 The locker could be geo locked to a location easily accessed by the player. Again this is something thst can only be seen and accessed by whomever owns it. So item transfers only occur at this location. This could be done by a monthly charge to access maybe $1 per 200 items, with a limit of 1k in storage ($5 a month). If you stop your subscription you loose access.

If you move you can "dig up" and move your locker for a fee as well (maybe limit that number of times you can do that so people don't just pay to have access all the time)

This would keep the 2k item limit somewhat intact as you would have to return home to get more gear.

2 The locker could just be on a timer (and always in inventory) and only gives you access for an hour every 24 hours. Make your decisions and transfer all you want but after you have accessed it for an hour it will lock you out for 23 hours before it let's you back in. Again this could be a subscription fee. Also could have "Emergency access" if a fee is paid if you need to access again within those 24 hours.

Idea 2 "Eggs" duplication capsules

I spend most of my money buying incubators in PoGo and Silver keys in HPWU. We could do something similar in ingress too. Adventure sync needs to come to Prime for this to work.

Assign a walk distance to items...

Bursters and resonators could be 1k

Common shields, hack mods and ultra strikes 2k

Rare items, shields, hack mods, turrets and force / link amps 5k

Very Rare shields, hack mods 10k

Extremely Rare items, viruses, aegis shields, softbank ultra links. 20k

Purchace a Duplication capsule and place the item you wish to duplicate in it give it a max capacity of 100km before it breaks and a new one would need to be purchased. This means a 1 capsule could produce 100 bursters, or it could also produce 5 Aegis shields after walking 100kms

I know quantum capsules are essentially the same thing but this would be guaranteed reproduction and bring back Extremely rare duplication. And introduce adventure sync

@NianticBrian

• Another idea, if I could just drop it in here...

I would like a subscription to support X feature. A lot of what I see talked about centers around gameplay. Cool. But there are others who want to support OPR/Wayfarer, events, Intel, etc. They could have a different reward bundle. For example, I would love to have more personal attention to OPR edits, photos, and reports I make that are troublesome or I just wasn't them to happen faster. Give me 20 Premium Submissions/Edits/Invalid reports? Heck yeah, I'd pay for that every month.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

Walking based duplication has been suggested many times and is a great idea. As with the other games, everyone should get one free duplication device that can be used unlimited times. You can also buy and occasionally hack single use devices.

• Medal is ONE thing. But should count.

Locked boxes that needs to be walked open. Like the eggs is another option. Alternative let’s users spend XM to accelerate. XM is rare enough.

Let people buy more unlocked for simultaneously walking multiple boxes.

how to make them worthwhile I am not sure. I keep missing ultrastrikes and more rare items. Low level XMP is the worst. Not too much of that.

2x keys to a same color portal say 25-50-100km away would be great. Some would always be blocked. Some would allow you to make large fields without much travel.

maybe a very rare immunity item in the boxes. Allows you to link/field inside enemy field for 60 minutes. Make blockers before taking down the multi layer field.

i am only L9 - 2 days from L10. I like the eggs and incubator idea. If the eggs are worthwhile. I walked 227 km in my 57 days.

But PoGo with adventure sync I have been just around 50km/week.

With adventure sync 10-25-50km boxes would be fine. One box a week of the highest level is great. I often have one day a week where I have more time to destroy and build. Less time the rest of the week.

10k should be at 100.000XM to unlock. Too expensive. But you can unlock it the remaining part by using XM to get access now. If you have the power cubes. Then be ready for a raid.

• The second option is freaking awesome. Improved Intel, low graphics top down version, spot which portals you have never interacted with, see cooldowns...

So much to unpack there so instead I'll just say "Shut up and take my money!"

• BurliBurli ✭✭✭

A nice goodie would bei more Mission space for example.

• I think that should a permanent paid option. It would be hard if you pay a subscription, get 100 extra, use them all, stop the subscription.

This should rather be a say pay 1000 CM per 10 of something.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

If there is to be a "supporter" medal associated with a subscription, it should not be tiered, and it should not have a counter. While the cause of "sustainability" might be furthered by gamifying this medal, I can think of no other aspect of Ingress that would be improved. There is no direct connection to "promoting community exploration, incorporating exercise … and encouraging real-world social interaction" [1].

Keep the medal closer in spirit to the "character" medals: a small bit of (digital) swag. The wording on it might be, "Helped fund Niantic's investigations into XM," for example.

A small token of appreciation each month, in the form of an item bundle, seems appropriate. Perhaps keep it along the lines of the First Saturday passcodes. Make all the gear level-appropriate, and restrict the Very Rare items to at most one, maybe two, of any particular item. Avoid any sense of pay-to-play and pay-to-win.

[1] https://www.newsgroove.co.uk/video-games-need-to-insulate-players-from-addiction-ceo-of-pokemon-go-creator-says-cnbc/

• Tiering a subscription medal is fine. At the very least it'd need to track. The only other way for it to be an incentive is to only have it on player's profiles when they are actively subscribed. I guess they could also give a different subscriber medal every month.. no that's an awful idea

Using CMU is odd if it's the only way to pay it. I'd like to be able to do a regular old subscription so I can set it and forget it, rather than buying 7000 CMU every single month. Having both as options would be nice.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

and 4) does not affect gameplay.

• To be fair, I don't think a supporter medal that can be bought once per month is a good idea. Sure it doesn't affect gameplay, but medals that have multiple tiers are, should be and remain for achievements. Buying a tiered medal takes no effort at all.

Another major concern I have with the supporter medal (tiered) is that everyone can then see who paid and who did not. Aside from "bragging" this could potentially violate GDPR laws. Personally I am happy to support buy buying it monthly, but I don't like the whole world to be able to see that I did this.

Character medals are imho the only medals someone should be able buy. Yes they are one off, but perhaps some people like to buy old medals that they did not get the opertunity to buy before. Say the old Susanna Moyer medal for example. This might also help combat the black market medal sales as they be obtained officially (for a short period).

As to the development of a subscription fee. I would be very supportive of this provided I don't have to show the rest of the world that I am paying.

• If there were a subscription i think the following would need to be improved by leaps and bounds:

Intel map would essentially need to be re-done to be IITC, or close to it. I'm not saying a clone. But Intel in it's stock form is terrible.

Support needs to improve 1000%. No more robots answering support cases. A ticket number must be generated and followed up on by an actual NiaOps agent. And agents that respond to cases MUST have customer support skills/training. Preferably ITIL or similar. ALL CASES need to be thoroughly investigated. No more of this "needs to come from a TR to be taken seriously." TRs would need to go away again never to be seen again because they're useless in this new support system. Context must be taken into consideration; no more of this "just portal link and time adjusted to UTC" crapola. If i'm paying for a game - I expect support to treat me like a customer. And I expect there to be no more cheating. No more stores. No more buying gear. No more spoofing for gear or spoofing down anchors. No more multi accounts. No more huge cabals of scrapers like the drunken frog or TBG or whatever and Nia vanguards knew about it, and Nia employees knew about it. No more of this ****.

Forget the subscriber badge. It'll turn the game into more of an elitist mockey than it is now. People have such huge chips on their shoulder from ops they did, or they were POCs or trusted reporters or whatever. A subscriber badge is just going to be another one of those things that divide the player base imho.

I'd expect more regular app updates and improvements on an escalated schedule to get the game back to redacted days in terms of stability. Then improve it even more. No more of this anomaly game day server craps the bed: "oh so sad, so bad guys. our bad. it'll be better next time. trust us! Here have a refund - please don't be mad!" No. Improve your servers with all the cash you're now rolling in. No more game day hiccups. No more app crashes. THEN start working on cosmetics and skins and the like.

• If there were a subscription i think the following would need to be improved by leaps and bounds:

Intel map would essentially need to be re-done to be IITC, or close to it. I'm not saying a clone. But Intel in it's stock form is terrible.

Support needs to improve 1000%. No more robots answering support cases. A ticket number must be generated and followed up on by an actual NiaOps agent. And agents that respond to cases MUST have customer support skills/training. Preferably ITIL or similar. ALL CASES need to be thoroughly investigated. No more of this "needs to come from a TR to be taken seriously." TRs would need to go away again never to be seen again because they're useless in this new support system. Context must be taken into consideration; no more of this "just portal link and time adjusted to UTC" crapola. If i'm paying for a game - I expect support to treat me like a customer. And I expect there to be no more cheating. No more stores. No more buying gear. No more spoofing for gear or spoofing down anchors. No more multi accounts. No more huge cabals of scrapers like the drunken frog or TBG or whatever and Nia vanguards knew about it, and Nia employees knew about it. No more of this ****.

Forget the subscriber badge. It'll turn the game into more of an elitist mockey than it is now. People have such huge chips on their shoulder from ops they did, or they were POCs or trusted reporters or whatever. A subscriber badge is just going to be another one of those things that divide the player base imho.

I'd expect more regular app updates and improvements on an escalated schedule to get the game back to redacted days in terms of stability. Then improve it even more. No more of this anomaly game day server craps the bed: "oh so sad, so bad guys. our bad. it'll be better next time. trust us! Here have a refund - please don't be mad!" No. Improve your servers with all the cash you're now rolling in. No more game day hiccups. No more app crashes. THEN start working on costmetics and skins and the like.

I'd expect more regular app updates and improvements on an escalated schedule to get the game back to redacted days in terms of stability. Then improve it even more. No more of this anomaly game day server craps the bed: "oh so sad, so bad guys. our bad. it'll be better next time. trust us! Here have a refund - please don't be mad!" No. Improve your servers with all the cash you're now rolling in. No more game day hiccups. No more app crashes. THEN start working on costmetics and skins and the like.

• ViolaRoseViolaRose ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

If there were a subscription i think the following would need to be improved by leaps and bounds:

Forget the subscriber badge. It'll turn the game into more of an elitist mockery than it is now. People have such huge chips on their shoulder from ops they did, or they were POCs or trusted reporters or whatever. A subscriber badge is just going to be another one of those things that divide the player base imho.

I'd expect more regular app updates and improvements on an escalated schedule to get the game back to redacted days in terms of stability. Then improve it even more. No more of this anomaly game day server dies: "oh so sad, so bad guys. our bad. it'll be better next time. trust us! Here have a refund - please don't be mad!" No. Improve your servers with all the cash you're now rolling in. No more game day hiccups. No more app crashes. THEN start working on cosmetics and skins and the like.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I would imagine "Patron" would be a good working title for such a badge as it matches the archetype

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a lot of cool ideas here, but I'd be more than happy to pay a subscription/buy a pack monthly for:

- A badge which counter increases every purchase

- A small, but convenient item bundle for now. Something like 10 common heat sinks would already be enough for me.

Of course I'd like to see more and better perks, but given that a "real" subscription service needs to be build first, I would take the above in a heartbeat anyway.

• @MunchWillbeBlue I'm not familiar with this — what are the GDPR laws that a supporter medal violates?