Disable posts in the Portal Appeals category.

The portal appeals category has 5 child categories that are being monitored by NianticKN and NianticMP.

The parent category is not monitored and is being filled by appeals that will never get an answer.

Either disable posts so that people post in the child categories or monitor that category aswell.

The first would be a better option to maintain order.

Tagged:

Comments

• What's even funnier is that I got a Moderator respond to a post I made in Event support regarding a January 2020 FS saying that my post did not belong in portal appeals. I agree.

• Thanks for the suggestion, this was the original intent of this category but something was lost in translation. We've made a change so you can't post to 'Portal Appeals' generally but now must select one of the subcategories.

Thanks again!

• BlaumutBlaumut ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

@NianticCasey thx for the the clean but the post with the template for the reports has gone. Could you add it again?

I can't remember all the text. It was close to :

- Category

- Title of Portal

- City

- Country

- Description

- Rejection e-mail

- Photos supporting claim

• Thanks for the feedback! Missed that one, I'll work on getting these guidelines posted in a way that's accessible in all the categories.

In the meantime, you can use the following template to submit your appeal:

• Category: [Invalid Portal Report/Location Edit/Title or Description Edit/Portal Photo]
    • Title of the Portal:
    • City:
    • Screenshot of the Rejection Email: [Required if you are appealing an invalid Portal report or an edit]
    • Photos to support your claim:
  • AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticCasey I was looking earlier and it’s been over entire week since ant portal appeals for any category have been reviewed. Is there a reason for the stoppage of appeal review?

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

@Oxilium They are working on adding it back. Saw your question on the AMA.

• Hey there @AgentB0ss and @Oxilium, happy to report that I've figured out a way to add this back to the subcategory and you should now see the template appear on the discussion compose screen.

Thanks again for the feedback!

• I used this format to post an appeal under the appeals section over a month ago, with no response. Are all appeals supposed to get a response or is it just to be expected that some appeals may be completely ignored while others get a response in under 24 hours? I have asked politely if more information is needed to review the appeal. The appeal is still on the first page of posts, so it isn’t as though there is an obvious reason for it going over a month with no response or even acknowledgement from Niantic. Some help would be appreciated.

• Hi @amygeebee,

It's certainly not our intention to ignore any posts in this category. I'll flag this to the folks who work on appeals and get them to not only review your submission but also any other unanswered posts in these categories.

• @NianticCasey

To that extend, could posts in the appeal section also get a tag similar to the Niantic tag when they get a response from those folks who work on appeals?

• @XQlusioN This is a good idea, I'll look into the feasibility of this! This would definitely make it much easier for everyone to see what's been responded to and what is still awaiting a reply.

• Can you please look into why upgrades aren't working for Ingress instead of ignoring every tag?

No point in reviewing when PoGo upgrades are flying into voting and decisions and my Ingress upgrades are stuck in the **** queue.