What was your first Anomaly?

Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

Mine was Cassandra Prime in Warsaw. First on site and TR for starter... I was so nervous, couldn't think stright but my team was great and so supportive! What are your memories?

Tagged:

Comments

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

Persepolis Utrecht June 2015.

Never missed one since :)

• jycojyco ✭✭

On the ground : Darsana Brussels. Full set since

• MaktoMakto ✭✭✭

Dallas 2013 - original 13Magnus😎

• ReighElmosReighElmos ✭✭✭

Shōnin - Orlando

• jim831001jim831001 ✭✭✭

Helios Taipei~~~

• My first was Shonin in Pasadena. I had a great time and have participated in most of them since.

• wikkedimpwikkedimp ✭✭✭

Very first anomaly I participated in was Persepolis DC. I did RR.

First on the ground was Aegis Nova Brooklyn

• Time Zero Greenwich - Remote Site (sitting on 1 portal for four hours) so not strictly anomaly. First full anomaly experience on the ground was Glasgow Interitus

• StranditStrandit ✭✭✭

Darsana Santa Cruz. Drove down from San Francisco; had a complete blast.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Recursion in Miami!

• Darsana Prime Lisbon.

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭

13 magnus, dallas. anomaly badges were not yet a thing in ingress.

first badged anomaly was recursion, joe philley gave me my first anomaly badge. my packet didnt have one and he fixed it.

• Hamburg...

Kind of the whole weekend we were soaking wet because of the pouring rain...

and had a blast :)

• My first Anomaly was this years Darsana Anomaly in Alanta, Ga, USA. I drove 3 hours to get there, it was definitely worth the trip. I got into a ground team and I had a blast.

• MadReliqueMadRelique ✭✭✭

Does Wondercon, UCLA Spring Break Time Warp (?), Or Operation Juice Club count?

If so it was one of those. If not, then Operation 13Magnus (Magnus13?) Santa Monica.

• PaperBoatsPaperBoats ✭✭✭

Entered Ingress on June 19th, 2016

First on-site 13MR Macau

• 13magnus buenos aires Argentina

• h4sturh4stur ✭✭

Helios in Rotterdam was my first and haven't missed one since.

• BunnyPrimeBunnyPrime ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Mine was Obsidian in Seattle, my home town (or close enough).

I had a leg injury at the time and ended up in a group with people who couldn't walk far (families with small kids, someone who had just had surgery etc.) and we were placed at the Space Needle :). If one is going to be stuck in one place most of an anomaly, that was a happening place to be. I did walk a little way to another big portal battle later in the event.

I missed Persepolis in Porland, OR as I had just started playing Ingress and had no idea what an anomaly was, or why I would want to drive 3+ hours to go to one. Since Obsidian I haven't missed one anomaly badge :)

• JudyBJudyB ✭✭✭

Time Zero Greenwich 2013 - we spent 4 hours opposite the houses of parliament, trying not to be too noisy about blowing things up!

• Cassandra Hong Kong (2013)

• Got conned by a friend of mine to Macau 2017

• P2063P2063 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Operation Voynich, Hamburg 2013 (first event in Europe afaik)

much has changed since then, i wish they would bring back something like prime challenge.

• VAINVAIN ✭✭✭✭

Cassandra NYC for the finale of the original Cassandra series. Very happy that Anomalies are still going strong as I'm now quickly approaching my 18th Anomaly on the ground during the upcoming Myriad series.

• Obsidian 2016 in Tucson. At least that was my first in person participation.

• Helios Gotenburg as boot then, team leader of Team Overswaguée, the unique sparkling blue wig team !