The Ingress Forum

I think we need a place to ask questions about this forum and offer suggestions for improvements. I'd like to know what faction people belong to when chatting with them in the forum, for example.

Tagged:

Comments

• MrVulgaireMrVulgaire ✭✭✭

@DragonBallZeke i agree is must with factions and lvl omitted

• canon07canon07 ✭✭✭

I'd really like a way to reply to a comment as well.

• canon07canon07 ✭✭✭

I can see your point on the faction and lvl being omitted, and honestly, in G+ our factions and lvl were not obvious unless you knew who was who.

• MrVulgaireMrVulgaire ✭✭✭

@NianticMac it's better without

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

@canon07 We're all here under our actual agent names, you can @ people in comm to see their faction.

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

@NianticMac I think it would be best to omit faction and level, or at least maybe have it visible within the profile of that particular agent only?

I agree with @DragonBallZeke 's comment on the matter.

However, would be nice to have a "quote" or "reply" button to certain comments within a thread so folks know to whom and to what you are responding/referring.

• CriminalBizzyCriminalBizzy ✭✭✭✭

@canon07 there is an avatar for ENL or RES that agents could use.

Threaded replies or just having replies in general would be useful...

• canon07canon07 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Post edited by canon07 on
  • canon07canon07 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Posted the same message twice, can't delete one of them but I can edit it. Being able to delete posts would be a good added feature.

• canon07canon07 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Actually I posted the same comment three or four times I guess. So yeah, it would be nice to be able to delete things.

• canon07canon07 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

But at least I can edit them and pretty much delete them for all intents and purposes.

• canon07canon07 ✭✭✭

(PART 2) Been messing around here for 15 minutes but here's what I have so far, @NianticMac

• Two comments in 60 seconds and I have to wait for cooldown? How do I hack a forum heat sink?
    • Is there a word limit to a comment? I keep trying to post and my post isn't showing up but then it shows up as a draft but the bottom half is chopped off?

• Yep. It's kinda annoying having to mention people and read threads that aren't threaded. @CriminalBizzy

• canon07canon07 ✭✭✭

(PART 3) Been messing around here for 15 minutes but here's what I have so far, @NianticMac

• Now I'm noticing that my comment has to be approved? What's that all about? It that because I tagged you?
  • GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

@NianticMac , I would like to see a separate category for the AMAs with @RedSoloCup . Maybe something even apart from the General categories?

• canon07canon07 ✭✭✭

@CriminalBizzy I picked the RES dude from the anime for a reason.

• Just added a new section for feedback on the forum in our support section.

We're open to making more sub categories for in-depth discussions, but keeping the layout pretty open for the time being as we scale up.

• canon07canon07 ✭✭✭

TEST: I think if you tag NIA folks in a post your comment gets delayed. That's kinda interesting. @ElForesto

• canon07canon07 ✭✭✭

TEST: I think if you tag NIA folks in a post your comment gets delayed. That's kinda interesting. @NianticMac

• canon07canon07 ✭✭✭

TEST: Maybe not? @NianticMac?

@canon07 why didn't I think of that lol 🤦‍♂️

• canon07canon07 ✭✭✭

Now I wonder why my posts from a few minutes ago needed to be moderated.

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

Wierd.. says I have 2 drafts, but when I click on them, the posts are there. Not sure why there listed in drafts if the messages are live...

• I like the idea for the possibility of linking more ingame profile details on the forum profile.

• canon07canon07 ✭✭✭

Do the tags work? I can only seem to pick five under "Most Popular" and can't add new ones?

• jplolojplolo ✭✭✭✭

@NianticMac I would like that earlier question answered about the word limit, please. I haven't yet found the answer and am patiently waiting to see if that is the issue with a post I supposedly have in hold for moderation.

In other news: I would like a subsection for larger reflections such as agent interviews, fan fiction, etc.

Thank you.