Is there still an audience out there for Ingress Decoding?

jplolojplolo ✭✭✭✭

Who here has an interest in learning about Ingress Decoding and puzzle solving? There are at least hundreds of agents already intrigued. Could there be thousands?

Ever wonder where those codes come from that pop up in your Community and event chats?

If you happen to stumble upon a hidden clue, are you curious to figure out how to solve it? Does the idea of decoding events interest you?

I am currently putting forth efforts towards an Ingress Decoding revival and I would like your opinions, questions, support, and comments for inspiration.

Thank you! And remember... "expect the unexpected".

Comments

• jplolojplolo ✭✭✭✭

@num504569 Google translate worked great. Ty for your contribution.

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

Where does one retrieve the material necessary to begin decoding?

• This is awesome @jplolo ... I will start there and see what I can learn!

• mweepmweep ✭✭

I've always enjoyed cryptography and would totally be down for a decoding community revival!

• jplolojplolo ✭✭✭✭

@1Z4N4G1 I guess the secret is out. lol. Regarding this site, questions are being asked. A place of intrigue? We'll see.

• jplolojplolo ✭✭✭✭

@GoblinGranate Great idea! This is in fact something we intended to propose. I'm glad to see others are thinking outside of the box. And indeed, that is a required skill for a mind of a decoder.

• yep, missing this feature too

• LeppyR64LeppyR64 ✭✭✭

@VerumInveniri Still stuck in my head... all the time.

• num504569num504569 ✭✭✭

I was missing writing.

How about the medal by decoding?

I think it would be possible if Niantic could determine the first agent to redeem.

I checked out the ingress.codes website... and nothing has been done in a year. o.O

• jplolojplolo ✭✭✭✭

There are years worth of old solves on there and the lessons are still accurate.

The reason it hasn't had new solves added is one of the reasons for this thread. Niantic hasnt put much out there for us to decode.

• jplolojplolo ✭✭✭✭

Badges are unlikely from what I understand, at this point. But, a scoreboard is possible.

How would such a scoreboard be calculated for group solves? Or mass leak redeems? Please share any suggestions.

The Google+ articles don't seem to be accessible anymore.

• jplolojplolo ✭✭✭✭

Ooh. This is a good point. G+ is down for good. This put a kink in a lot of Ingress sharing, communications, and even code releases to a degree. This forum was even made to accommodate part of what we lost.

You can go to their "Contact Us" page to ask if they can resource that material in another location so it's still accessable. They've been responsive to me in the past.

• num504569num504569 ✭✭✭

For example, how about adding 1 point to the first 10 redeems?

Also, the passcode can be redeemed by many people.

(I can not quote... my rank is not enough to post link!

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not to support a badge for decoding.

I think that the fact that being a decoder in an event is the best goal to chase, so the event badge is ok for me.

I'd say that would make (at least) 9 points for agents with no idea of decoding :D