Inventory Capacity

I realize the Anime isn't an exact replica of the game but the storage capacity is much higher. It actually shows a scanner with a inventory of 44996. Much more than the standard 2000, or up to 2600 with 6 key lockers. Is there any intention of increasing the capacity of the app? Maybe on a one time basis like PoGo or even a recurring basis, I personally would consider that based on the expense.

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no immediate time frame for even considering this.

The inventory capacity is designed so that players optimise their inventory.

As for strategic and souvenir keys, we already have 6 key lockers.

I would like to be able to buy more, for my souvenir keys

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

i would like inv to increase to like 3000 after they upgrade the backend server.. we have gotten more items and mods over the years but no higher inv space.. its time for that now imo.. it would also change the gameplay a bit, i mean the old 2000inv cap feels outdated today when we have prime now..

• However some of us newer players aren't able obtain a 6th Keylocker, kinda leaving us at a somewhat disadvantage.

Even at a inventory level of 10,000 there would need to be some strategy in inventory management (however dramatically less). If storage was a SAS like dropbox/google suite/iCloud/etc and charged more for the larger capacities it could be a nice recurring profit center and make ingress more profitable, with very minimal investment.

Personally I'm a "key hoarder" so I have a probably excessive amount of keys, last I counted I had about 1600-1700 keys in inventory. I do consider that a strategic advantage. For the most part when I'm out in the field a nearby farm is usually much closer and much easier to access than the portal I want a key for. It would be very useful to be able to sort/group keys not just by distance but by direction, not sure why that isn't included available either as I would assume that's not an impossible feature.

Occasionally when I'm out in the field i end up having to drop a capsule or 2 to manage this and then come back later and pick it up. The fact that capsule are much more visible in Prime and the tap disambiguation as well now changes it for times when I could hide the cap amidst a cluster of portals. Now the risk of another agent (potentially from another faction) finds the capsule I left behind is much greater as well. The ability to "lock" a capsule would be nice to prevent another unauthorized agent from taking inventory, I would think this would be feasible.

Also when the replication of VR items in Quantum Capsules, we are now forced to horde VR Items, so in a way we kinda lost inventory capacity. for that.

Another usefully feature would be the ability to send another agent keys/inventory. I understand this would drastically affect game play though, so it's probably a very unlikely feature. My inventory would be a lot easier to manage if I didn't need to keep potential skud keys for dozens of portals.

@NianticBrian Why is there such disparity between the Anime inventory capacity and the actual game inventory capacity?

• Is like to be able to recharge from key lockers. Not so concerned about linking from them. I usually put keys I need to not run out of in my lockers.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

What if there was a specialized capsule that could hold 10 keys + 1 Lawson. That once a day discharged into the keys charged until it ran out?

• vke123vke123 ✭✭✭

Lets say 500 more inventory space foR 15000 cmu.

• I agree with Carpofdoom. 2000 item cap is plenty for usable gameplay, even for events, and forces you to be selective about what you keep. Higher inventory levels will just lead to hoarding. However, more key lockers could be useful, or just exclude keys from the inventory count altogether. Most people carry hundreds at any given time just for their home play area.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Or just separate out keys entirely into their own separate inventory?

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

The only idea that I can imagine and which theoretically can not affect balance a lot - is to give some extra space as a reward for Recursion(eg 100 per each Simulacrum process).But as for me,2000 is enough if inventory is well-managed. I usually carry 1200-1300 L8 xmp :)

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

No more space needed. Give us the ability to buy souvenir caps we can put keys into but not take out.