Recursion Benefits

CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

What benefits, if any, should they confer to people who Recurse, once, twice, or more?

Anything I would want would be game-breaking, like the ability to deploy more than one level 8 resonator per portal, or deploy more than 2 mods per portal, or hacking bonuses.

I am sure they are working on something. I am going to be ready to Recurse again in another month or two, and I'm not sure why I would want to.

Comments

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

One ENL player recursed twice, but seems to have gained no benefit from doing so. I recursed one time, got the 16, and I probably won't do it again.

• ManiacDManiacD ✭✭✭

@Grogyan Hey yeah still playing although been playing Harry Potter more of late but switch back and forth. Thinking about it you do make a valid point 500 would be way too much and I agree 50 would be better (plus the extra XM and slight AP boost would be fantastic)

• ManiacDManiacD ✭✭✭

@ArchAngel08 Oh yeah an extra key locker you can purchase per recursion would be amazing

• I like long links. Maybe a small link range bonus for redacted players?

• Re-cursing is an ill thought out game dynamic that penalizes small communities with low amounts of portals. My advice is think carefully before re-cursing.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zenn i love tour ideas 🤩

• I suppose that recursion benefits developing now and they will depend on onyx badge counters (how many times player made onyx badge). May be it will be some 'points' to spend for various little benefits (aka skill tree).

• CesparCespar ✭✭✭

I'm not sure I want to really see any benefits for recursing beyond a recursion tiered badge and perhaps recursion granting improved medal for the Ingress birthdays. Even increasing the inventory size by 50 per recursion feels too strong... I'd need to give some real thought to any "benefits" it could bring as they should not be game changing.

However I would like to see recursed agents keeping the same XM bar after recursion.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

That generator idea is great. Would be great with sync. @Morganza

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

I don't agree with this at all.

Have you ever played any other game other than Ingress? How about Diablo 3? There is a soft max level of 70 in that game, but they have what is called "Paragon levels", in that, when you go above and beyond the max level of 70, you start to gain paragon levels, which are endless. And with each paragon level you get more powerful, not less powerful. It isn't exponential power, its just a few meager points per paragon level, but you still go up in power.... not down.

I get this isn't Diablo 3, nor is Ingress developed by Blizzard Entertainment / Activision, but the statement stands. Recursing is a way of going "above and beyond" your current soft level cap. Therefore, you should slowly increase in power, not decrease.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Increase AP to level up.

1st recursion nothing change.

2nd recursion need 50% more AP.

3th need double the original amount.