Coins!

gwenixgwenix ✭✭✭

I love coins. I think they're super pretty and shiny and wonderful and ....

I have no idea what to do with them though. So I have this collection of coins that just sit around most of the time (a small percentage of the time I take the out and admire them and put them back in the packet I keep them in).

Give me ideas for what to do with my coins to display them prettily!

Tagged:

Comments

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

Get a leprechaun kettle and start filling it up.

• We have an Ingress Coin chat if you're interested. There’s plenty of people in there that would love to have that coversation with you. :)

t.me/IngressCoins

• gwenixgwenix ✭✭✭

Oh, thank you RhinoSynth! I'll consider that!

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭

get a pogs tube.

bring to anomaly.

coincheck everyone

profit

• Pogs. Those were the good ole days. Ingress coins could totally be slammers. I'd go with India coaster coin or one of those year 4 thickies.

• OMG. Pogs. That is a blast from the past.

• JorgeLocoJorgeLoco ✭✭✭

A display case for your coins is probably your best bet.

I like the pins for the same reason you likely like the coins, but they're easier to display since they go on my Ingress backpack. It's also a nice small talk center piece because sometimes people will ask about them.

• I completely disagree with "a display case being your best bet". It's heavy, expensive, not easily to move and doesn't hold many coins. If you're planning to only collecting 20-50 coins, then sure, it'll work. Personally I use a double ring zippered binder with coin sleeves to house my unique coins.

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭

How in the world have we not talked poker?! My UCR coin is my card protector.

• Maybe something made from fabric, with pockets the size of a coin, so you put them in and the fold the whole thing and be able to carry it with you

• jplolojplolo ✭✭✭✭

I enjoy bringing at least one on trips with me as a good luck charm.

When I go out to the bar, I like to take one with me for fiddling, playing coin games, or making bets.

I switch out which get to come with me so they all get to see daylight and feel loved.

• jplolojplolo ✭✭✭✭

No kidding. I'm a poker player too and have hosted many seedy poker nights. Never thought of using my coins as a card protector.

Learn something new every day.

• StranditStrandit ✭✭✭

I have a display stand — holds 20 or so coins and isn’t as bulky or inconvenient as a case. I won’t ever need more room but if I did I could get another one.

• If one side of the coin is superior to the other, you could turn some of your favorites into wearable medals! All you need to to is get a medal ribbon and then hire a welder to attach it.

You could also make them into a mobile (weld hooks/loops on or drill holes in coins).

I've also seen a wire coin holder that looked like a vine, with the coins as leaves, that was wrapped around a lamp at the agent's house.

• Well, that i one way to display them but it is a pretty non-reversible option though re: the medal conversion.

That Vine thing though, sounds pretty cool, assuming its an indoor fixture though huh?

• Speaking of coins... check out the new one by Chicago

• or by this miscreat MandoMerch swag