I cannot see the portals on Prime

I had to switch to Prime and it is so frustrating.

I cannot see the portals on my Galaxy J7, particularly the neutral ones. My screen is on the brightest setting, I am burning through the battery, and I cannot see.

Are they ever going to fix this?

Comments

• There are two neutral portals in the attached screen shot. It would be much better if unclaimed portals were at least double the diameter (ideally more) than they currently are. Not everyone has perfect vision, I know players with disabilities the most common of which are related to poor eyesight. It would be such an improvement if unclaimed portals were far more obvious.

• Indeed. Neutral portals are VERY HARD TO SEE

So is XM.

I was much happier with how portals and XM looked in Redacted.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Gerster xm is very visible in your pics? but yes neutral portals are hard too see i agree.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

This actually shows that portals are not scaled properly with the camera.

I certainly do not have this issue

• Lighting Dynamics to max helps, but I HATE neutral portals. Every time my screen is dusty I think I found one lol

• In the screen shots, indoors, at night, yes in those conditions, XM is easy to see.

While moving, outside, in daytime? Under those conditions, XM is not so easy to see.

Compared to the moving specks of white that the XM was in Redacted, purple spots are much harder to see.

But I'm glad we can agree that with some phones, portals are virtually invisible, and this should be looked into.

• Portals can also disappear, due to a lack of anti-aliasing on some phones.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope Niantic fix bigger portals soon in Prime.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

well not for me since after the pulse the xm quickly dissapears until next pulse and between that xm almost invisible when outside playin.g..... so annoying :(

• Household consensus on portal visibility here (S10+ for me, S8+ for my wife) is that portal visibility while in the field is a case of them being visible but sufficiently hard to spot that it hurts the eyes after a while. The annoying aspect of this is Prime's visuals are growing on me ... they just don't work all that well in daylight if playing for an extended period, especially in an area where one's not familiar with the portals. The portals need to be chunkier.

• I totally agree. A high-level portal, especially with shields, is nicely visible, but low-level portals, especially neutral ones, are super hard to see. To be fair, Prime copied the Redacted concept of differentiating portal levels based on size, though the low contrast and shape in Prime makes it worse. 

A couple solutions that would make me happy:

1) Make all of the portals of level 1-5 the size of the level 5 portals currently. I would lose the ability to quickly distinguish between low to mid-level portals based on the size but that's not nearly as important to me as being able to see the portals in the first place.

2) Do option 1 but also add some additional element to distinguish the portal levels. For example, low-level portals could flare out more at the base, which would also make them more visible when viewing them from above. Or the art could be more significantly different for the different portal levels, allowing them all to be relatively large in size.

• Change what the XM looks like.

If it moved as it did in classic prime, it would be easier to tell what was and was not a portal.

You could also then surround the portals with a ring of stationary XM, as you did with classic ingress, and then the portals would be very noticeable