Mission Authoring Tool not showing portals?

Mission Authoring Tool is not showing portals or way points when zoomed in.

Last seen working 2 days ago, Oct 17, 2019

Steps to reproduce

Go to Mission Authoring Tool:

create a mission

on way points screen, zoom all the way in

Expected to see portals and way points.

Instead I see no portals. Just streets/trails.

Tagged:

Comments

• me too , last night.

• I'm experiencing the same, yesterday and today.

• I have been experiencing this for a couple of days as well.

• Same here. Seems like it's been around for a while. Is it going to be fixed? Or is this now an undocumented feature?

Any official acknowledgement of this would be great. Ta

• Yup. Same here. Have had the issue now at both work and home, PC and Mac, and three different browsers.

• GorillaSapiensGorillaSapiens ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian many people are reporting this.

• I am also having this problem, and have talked to other mission creators experiencing the same.

Worse, when I zoom out one level in a portal dense area so I get clusters, the clusters don't offer all the portals I *know* are in the area, thus making it impossible to build a mission correctly.

Both these issues need fixing.

• Any fix soon for this problem?

Cant send New banners.

• I have had this issue the whole week as well.

If it was one level zoom out, the portals can be seen but bunched up so selection is very difficult

Hello Agent,

Thanks for contacting us.

We believe that the issue you were experiencing was temporary and should be resolved. We request you to try accessing the Mission Creator tool on a different browser and check if the issue resolves.

Feel free to reply if you need any additional assistance with this issue.

====

People on the forums are seeing this on all browsers on all platforms. I'm still seeing it on multiple browsers. This issue is NOT fixed.

====

Hello again,

Thanks for writing in.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still facing the issue. Please connect to stable network connectivity to check whether this resolves the issue.

However, if the issue still persists, feel free to reach out to us.

====

This is not a network problem. Your tool is broken. Fix it.

this issue still persists, when will it be fixed?

Hello again,

Thanks for writing in.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused. Despite our best attempts, we are not able to reproduce this issue. However, we have forwarded this to our development team for further investigation and we will let you know once this has been addressed.

We value your feedback and appreciate your help in improving Ingress Prime.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day!

• Snyda1Snyda1 ✭✭✭

As for today, the issue is NOT resolved. The highest zoom resolution is not showing any Portals. One step "Higher" does, but is Impossible to use in dense areas... Pic one - close Zoom, No 2 Cluster choosen, Pic 3 - overview of the area.

Just not useable... 😭 @NianticBrian @RedSoloCup please get your Team onto that issue...

• phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

I have a slight work around. As usual, zoom all the way in, to where you see nothing

1) Zoom out one level, and you'll see clouds with a number of portals in them.

2) Make your browser very small and/or use browser zoom (CTRL+) so you only see a small area on the map

In this example the cloud of 14 became several smaller clouds, with at most 8 portals in one, and they'll be spatially more accurate.

confirm, this is still an issue. @NianticBrian @RedSoloCup

• @NianticBrian and @Redsolocup this hasn't been an issue since the inception/creation of the Mission Tool. Please give this some attention, as so many love banner missions.

• It annoying as you can see those portals on scanner and Intel but not on mission authority. It get hard to create banner with ease specially if it's bike riding or park hiking banner as you need to loop it or get creative to keep it easy

10 days since first report, still no comment from Niantic.

• BlaumutBlaumut ✭✭✭✭

Level 7 required to submit a mission. If you are under this level you can try to submit. That's explain why it's impossible to test by Niantic?

• This appears to be a problem with Chrome. Hrm....

• Fails with absolutly all browsers and OS, mobile and desktops.

• I was about to come yell at you, because yesterday I got everything to load fine at the closest zoom in Firefox. I decided to look again today before saying something, and now the portals that were loading at the closest zoom in Firefox are now missing. And they're still missing in Chrome as well.

• Hi,

Just reporting that I am getting the same issues:

• no portals at maximum zoom
    • some portals missing when zoomed out

I logged in to check this on behalf of friend who is having the same issue, because they're using the mission creator for the first time and thought maybe just doing it wrong. If it helps pinpoint the bug, it is exactly the same portals missing for both of us. For example Majestic Theatre, intel link below @NianticBrian

Cheers,

https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=-26.3656,152.858105&z=17&pll=-26.365696,152.857472

• Majestic Theatre portal should be at X, it's not in the nearby cluster of 2 either

• Update: I'm using PC/Windows 10/Chrome and the other agent experiencing the same problem is iPad/Safari. However in a local TG group a third agent offered to check for me, also using PC/Windows 10/Chrome, and they found the Majestic Theatre portal no problems.

• Still happening to me. When is this getting fixed?

• This issue is ongoing. Has anyone at Niantic even acknowledged this is an issue they are looking at - or whether they have investigated and found there is no problem they can see on their end (which would be unbelievable given the growing number of reports).

Would be nice to at least know Niantic was looking into this, regardless of the level of priority they have (or haven't) given it.

• Niantic replied to me yesterday saying that they were unable to replicate the issue.

• 🤦🏻‍♂️ This is not an intel map issue, is Mission Authoring Tool issue.

Come on Niantic...

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

max zoom for me portals dissapear.. but if i zoom out one it works , only max zoom doesnt work, same for all ?

tested on Firefox latest update.