How can we get an actual human to explain what's wrong with our rejected missions ?

Hello.

We are trying to publish a banner of 6 missions for our IFS in Lyon next weekend but 2 of our missions got rejected 4 times with a standard useless email that is clearly wrong. The rejection emails are always the same and say the images or text may contains copyright or official Niantic logo or claims it is official. The missions have none of that.

The missions are all entitled : #IngressFS Lyon Parc de la Tête d'Or X/6 ; the description are all the same for the 6 missions : Fresque en l'honneur du concours de starlink organisé lors du First Saturday de septembre 2019 au Parc de la Tête d'Or (wich to translate to : Banner to celebrate the Starlink contest organised during the First Saturday of September 2019 in the Parc de la Tête d'Or). The banner is a landscape with blue and green stars added on the right side and our custom logo on the left side.

The missions that got rejected are only part of the landscape, no logo our copyright image in them. So we really don't understand the rejection on that ground. I have try to upload better quality picture, horizontally flipped image but nothing works. The text is the same for every mission and doesn't contain the word official, Niantic nor Ingress and don't claim to be official. The 4 other missions have the same text and have been approved so it must not come from that. The missions all have 6 waypoints and all contains a passphrase at the first portal (simple mathematics calculus that equal the number of the mission, for example "5 - 2 = ?" for mission 3/6). The missions have been created by me (@DoctorAtom), I am way under the mission limit with only 36 missions published (including the current banner being rejected).

So we really don't see where is the problem with the missions. If an actual human could check our mission and either finally approve the missions or explain what's wrong instead of sending the automatic basic email we could correct the problem, we would be really grateful .

Please help, Niantic.

Comments

• I can't agree more. Especially since I had one rejected 3 times and when I finally got it approved there was no real major change to the mission except that I got really redundant in the mission description.

Also Ninatic really deprived Puerto Princessa a really good mural I planned used my own photo and made each mission have some sort of relevant question and it was rejected. I put more work into that mural than many others that got approved and it was rejected.

• @DoctorAtom still no response 🤔

I have the same issues with multiple mission banners, some parts got approved and others rejected but all had the same template for tittle/description so i cant figure what is wrong

Maybe there should be a "OPR-like" tool for missions and let the agents review them too

Greets!

• This inconvenience is very recurrent.

I have sent in the last days several missions baner to increase the number of these in the city, but the only thing I receive is automatic mails that do not define what is the reason why they were really denied, only automatic responses in all cases. This leads me to think that this work is done by a boot, there should be a way to appeal the denials of the missions.

I hope Niantic communicates about it, since it is important to know the real reasons.

Note: I see many baner in other cities with similar themes to the ones I send, but mine are rejected again and again.

• Same thing in Philly for the FS banner. Of the 6 missions originally submitted, with the same text, images cut from the same image (the paths of the shards because we wanted to celebrate the shard event and especially one shard spawning in Philadelphia) one was accepted, 4 rejected (different reasons, that didn't apply) and one remained pending for a little more before being returned.

I posted about that here https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/5068/ingress-fs-banner-frustrations#latest

We resubmitted, and changed and resubmitted again but never got the banner approved in time, and I just now got some new rejections:

...Thanks for submitting #IngressFS: Philly Oct ’19 – 1 of 6. Unfortunately, we were not able to accept your Mission. Your Mission may have one or more of the following issues:

• A lack of a clear and informative description and/or title

• Mission Image, description, and title are unrelated to the Waypoints chosen

• Text or images that reveal information about your identity or another player's identity

• Clues or passphrases that require contacting a certain person to get the answer

• Use of an image or text that isn't yours or that you don't have rights to use or that consists of a logo

Please do not resubmit this Mission without fixing these issues. Being a Mission author is a privilege for trusted agents who abide by the Mission Criteria. Further transgressions may result in your Mission authoring permissions being suspended.

Note that these may not be the only issues with your mission. In the future, be sure to thoroughly review our Mission Criteria in the Help Center.

And

Thanks for submitting #IngressFS: Philly Oct’19 – 5 of 6. Unfortunately, we were not able to accept your Mission. Your Mission may have one or more of the following issues:

• Text or images that reveal information about your identity or another player's identity, including (but not limited to) real names, phone numbers, addresses, etc.

• An image with identifiable people or faces

• Full or partial codenames/Agent names (e.g., "Mission idea from @neo" or "this is neo's favorite lunch spot," etc.)

• Clues or passphrases that require contacting a certain person to get the answer

Note that these may not be the only issues with your mission. In the future, be sure to thoroughly review our Mission Criteria in the Help Center.

No face and identification in the images, and the text was about shard and visiting Philly. So unless you think that a shard or old city Philadelphia is a person, I really don't get it.

But with no person to actually talk to, no way to know what the reviewer-perceived issue is, and thus no way to fix it.

• @SmartGenius no, still no answer after more than a month of trying to resubmit it.

My co-POC ENL for the event submitted the exact same mission 3 and it got accepted on the first try. So it seems neither the text nor the picture is a real problem. Just unexplainable.

He also submitted the mission 5 but with the picture of the mission 3 (a picture that was rejected when I submitted it), it was also accepted on the first try. But we are unable to change it to the right image :( , even if the image is just a monument in the park.

• @DoctorAtom yes a lot of time passed and we still no have a response on this topic, maybe we can call some agents to share similar experiences and idea on how to fix this 🤔