TESSELLATION Round 1 Patches

edited October 2019 in The Tessellation

Truthseekers:

A malfunction at the NIA prevented some people from acquiring the media that the Tethered Hand had placed in certain Portals; Specifically the Tesserae “Who Killed Victoria Kureze?”, “Hank on the Shards of Avenir” and “Who Killed Lightman?” This was a mistake on the NIA’s side. The NIA has asked me to convey their apologies, and that they are making some amendments to the Discoverer and Prediction process this first go-round to accommodate Agents who were adversely affected by the error. They have even appealed to the Tethered Hand to make some scoring adjustments in these cases. But outside of these specific cases, we will be sticking to the rules as laid out in the Directives post, moving forward.

I’ve also updated my original Tessellation Directives post to make it clearer which rules were established by the Tethered Hand, and which rules were established by the NIA. The rules established by the Tethered Hand are sacrosanct, and we have no opportunity to change them, unless the Tethered Hand wishes it.

“WHO KILLED VICTORIA KUREZE?”, “HANK ON THE SHARDS OF AVENIR” & “WHO KILLED LIGHTMAN?”

In the case of all three of these Tesserae, there was a period of time when Agents hacked the target Portals and did not receive the media drops as we would have expected. These errors have now been fixed, and all three Tesserae are now acquirable.

In the case of “Who Killed Victoria Kureze?”, a Resistance Agent was the first person to hack the correct Portal after the Tethered Hand placed the Tessera there. But because of the NIA’s error, that Resistance Agent failed to receive the media at that time, and was thus unable to post their findings on the corresponding forum post. After the error was corrected, an Enlightened Agent was the first to post their discovery of this Tessera on the forum. In light of this error, in this one instance, the Tethered Hand has agreed to grant a Discovery point to both Factions.

In the case of “Hank on the Shards of Avenir,” the Agent who first hacked the Portal and the Agent who first posted in the forum were both Resistance, so that Discovery point is going to the Resistance.

No one has posted in the forum about “Who Killed Lightman?” yet, so when that happens, we will be able to determine whether a point goes to both Factions for Discovery or to just one of them.

The NIA is amending the voting process in these three instances to account for the error. As a result, for each of these Tesserae, we will grant Discoverer status as follows:

• The first three members of each Faction who hacked the Portal in question during the time window who failed to receive the Tessera
  • The first three members of each Faction that posted in the corresponding forum after successfully receiving the Tessera

So, in the case of these three Tesserae, there will be up to 6 Discoverers for each Faction, and therefore up to 12 placement Predictions total in the polls for these Tesserae. In the end, after the poll is complete, there will still be exactly one Prediction from each Faction that will be delivered to the Tethered Hand for each Tessera.

UMBRA’S DEPARTURE

Technically, only I am supposed to be able to start discussion threads in the Tessellation subfolder of the forums, but there was a glitch that allowed an Agent to create a thread for the Umbra’s Departure Tessera. In light of this Glitch, and in light of the fact that I had not yet created an official post for that Tessera, we have identified the first 3 posters from each faction who posted in ANY THREAD in the Tessellation subfolder. What I mean by that is, there will still be a total of only 3 Discoverers from each Faction for this one, but it will be determined simply by timestamp from comments made in any Tessellation forum post about this Tessera. We have repaired the glitch, and I promise to be more prompt in creating official Tesserae threads going forward.

In the next few minutes, I will create an official post for Umbra Departed, where I will soon be tagging the three Discoverers from each Faction, as determined by the above-mentioned method.

WRAP-UP

Just a reminder, to be verified as a Discoverer, you must post in the correct forum thread BOTH an image of the Tessera in question, and your Faction. Posts that did not include both of those things will not be counted.

Apologies for all of these hiccups, Truthseekers. Please watch the forums soon for our identification of the verified Discoverers.

In light of the delays in verifying Discoverers, we have extended the deadline for making Placement Predictions to anytime before 1700 UTC on Saturday, 10/19/19.

- PAC

Post edited by RedSoloCup on
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm not sure if I got it right. So, If we discover a new global Tesserae next time, shall we post in random thread again? Or will the media appear only after there's a thread like "Umbra departure"?

• yay malfunction! 🤪

• Nobody knows, not even Niantic.

Also even if you hack it first, the score will probably (again, nobody knows) be divided between the factions.

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

@Truthseeker For the voting part of the challenge, will we be able to see the media objects and then what they link to / play? That way we can gather our own clues and try to find out which vote to cast from the options we will be given?

• @Truthseeker could you please vastly shorten your posts to be a bit more to the point, it's difficult to read through your... Verbose writing style as a native English speaker, I can't imagine trying to understand everything you're going on on about as a non-native English speaker. Thanks for the update on the situation though and have a good day.

• TLDR version:

NIA was still on Columbus day vacation time, and forgot to drop the media items at the correct portals. NIA has adjusted some scoring on both sides to fix the problem, and the portals are now fixed.

Separately, PAC forgot to make a Tesselation post for some media drops, and forgot to lock the forum out to agents, and so people made their own threads. He is counting the posts in those threads as discoverers even though he didn't make them.

• "In the case of “Who Killed Victoria Kureze?”, a Resistance Agent was the first person to hack the correct Portal after the Tethered Hand placed the Tessera there. But because of the NIA’s error, that Resistance Agent failed to receive the media at that time, and was thus unable to post their findings on the corresponding forum post. After the error was corrected, an Enlightened Agent was the first to post their discovery of this Tessera on the forum. In light of this error, in this one instance, the Tethered Hand has agreed to grant a Discovery point to both Factions"

Does it make sense to anyone else to give points to the runner up equal to that of the faction that actually fulfilled the requirements of gaining the discovery point? Resistance has verifiable gained the discovery point for this, but was denied the point due to the bug. What ENL did doesn't really matter, does it?

• That works the same with Tessera " who killed Lightman" i captured the portal first day from the event and hacked it and went and hacked it for the next three days, in hope of the media appearing and today the media appeared and a resistance agent was luckily there before me by less than 20 minutes.

• I agree with you actually. You should get this point then (assuming you can verify that you were the first one).

I think it's bogus that they changed their own rules because they made a mistake.