[Prime vs Redacted] Running out of XMP's should *not* switch to ultrastrikes.

Occasionally in prime, if you run out of XMP's while firing, it will switch to using Ultra Strikes.

'Automatic' Selection of weapons should default to left. (Away from viruses & Ultrastrikes) but preferably, always attempt to stick to the same category first.

It's a small tweak, that would prevent wasting Ultra Strikes.

Comments

• I think it shouldn't be about the direction. If you were using L7 bursters and you run out, moving left would either switch you to L6 or power cubes, even if L8 bursters is an option. Another issue would be if you only have one level of bursters in your inventory—moving left would switch you to power cubes. Depending on play style, some players value power cubes more than ultra strikes (so it's something you can't force)

Now that I think about it, power cubes should be removed from the weapon carousel now that it's very accessible. Hmm.

• RTLQuietuSRTLQuietuS ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Without entirely redesigning the UI to be able to unselect an item that's firing, by the nature of the menu, it will always need to scroll to select something, whilst I appreciate that using a powercube in error may be worse then a u1, it's what redacted's current behavior is (I think, off the top of my head)

The alternative is to redesign that UI so it can unselect, or else create a '0 quantity item stack' 'disabled / greyed ghost' placeholder when you run out of a category of weapon/cube.

• In Redacted, it switched to the left (lower level bursters) as it should when you ran out of the current burster level. On Prime, it switches to the right, which clearly is a bug. If you for example have XMP6, XMP7, XMP8, US7, US8, Prime will switch to US7 and then US8 if you run out of the XMP8s you are firing. I have ended up wasting a lot of US8 because of this bug. It should of course switch to XMP7 if you run out of XMP8.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

Surely the right UI solution would be to stay on a greyed out XMP icon?