Desaster Anomaly

Dear Niantic,

please refund and don`t send me any medal for this anomaly.

Thank you

dcgToke

Tagged:

Comments

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭

• https://ingress.com/events/anomaly-rules/nemesis-umbra-2019-10-12

"Deciphering Challenge

Details: At the beginning of the three-hour Anomaly Period, each registered Onsite and Offsite Agent for that city will be sent an email with links to a number of miniciphers specific to their city. Each of these miniciphers is an encoded message which can be deciphered to a passcode (one use per agent, resulting in a media object). When a registered Agent for that city (either Onsite or Offsite) enters one of these passcodes, it will be counted for their Faction. Once a Faction has entered enough minicipher passcodes to reach the Critical Level for their city (at least 75% of the miniciphers for their city), their Faction members will receive an email with the Master Code for their site. When deciphered, this will also result in a passcode. Emails will be sent from "Niantic <niantic@info.ingress.com>".

Measurements: Faction progress on the minicodes will be checked every five minutes during the Anomaly Period (with a two minute measurement window, up to one minute before or after). If a Faction has reached the Critical Level, they will be emailed the Master Code at that time.

Site Scoring: The Faction which first reaches the Critical Level and enters the Master Code solution will win the entire competition, gaining the full 10 scoring points."

Why have all agents I directly played with not received any email with the Master Code even so the 75% level for our city was reached?

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

I suppose the master code was only sent to the faction pocs to prevent it from getting it into the wrong hands. If it were sent to all registered agents, a faction would just have to register a fake account for the other faction and get the code.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

No. The master cipher was sent to all registered agents of the appropriate faction. I received the Gothenburg cipher when the Resistance unlocked it, and I had zero contact with Gothenburg POCs.

The deciphering challenge doesn't require any coordination with the faction anomaly organization. It's there so that any agent, anywhere, can earn an anomaly medal, even if they don't know any other Ingress agents.

• Every registered agent that did enter a proper solution for at least one of the mini codes did receive an email with the link to the master code once their faction had solved 75% of the mini codes.

• Sorry Dresden POCs for using your image, but this describe the feeling of almost everyone in Europe that have participated in anomalies last weekend